Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's Going On? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=37024)

truncated 01.02.2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Conversed with the hottest wimmen at a bar today. Damn.

So why didn't you "hook up," as the kids say?

Genteel Death 01.02.2010 07:04 PM

Because he prefers the kids.

gmku 01.02.2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
So why didn't you "hook up," as the kids say?

She was w/ a friend and they were moving on. I did give her my "card," as they say. Besides, I'm a gentleman. Unlike, say, porky.

knox 01.02.2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

No, I believe he's singling you out. I bet you're HAWT.

not really.

amerikangod 01.02.2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Update me.

I remember you. I'm pretty sure you took my SYG PM cherry back in the day. The specifics are fuzzy as I'd had a bit to drink. After that you disappeared and I went through a period of self-loathing. I was living out a teenage metaphysical nightmare much like the lyrics to Nirvana's 'Downer.' After the metamorphosis, my innocence gone, I became this terrible thing you see before you. Thanks bro.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 09:12 PM

i'm slipping. most of the people here generally thought of as cunts I never think of as such, and most of those who aren't, I do.

MellySingsDoom 01.02.2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
She was w/ a friend and they were moving on. I did give her my "card," as they say. Besides, I'm a gentleman. Unlike, say, porky.

I thought you were married? Playing away from home, eh? Naughty naughty!

In other news, I've finished the last of the Xmas turkey.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:07 PM

It occurs to me they may have been transvestites. Does that make it okay?

demonrail666 01.02.2010 10:09 PM

only insofar as it makes it more gay, depends where you stand on such matters, i suppose

Inhuman 01.02.2010 10:11 PM

After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that Knox is indeed a cat, if not very close to being one in spirit. Truncated had the fortune of missing Swa(y) I believe, and the misfortune of the President of the Universe. Weeeee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I've finished the last of the Xmas turkey.

Did it happen to look 1/2 as appealing as Truncated's avatar?

MellySingsDoom 01.02.2010 10:18 PM

Inhuman -the turkey was very nice, as it happens. Mmmm.
gmku - I'd be wary of giving TVs your card. Before you know it, you'll be deluged with requests from "women" wanting you to pay for their all=body waxing sessions.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:19 PM

I made crab cakes the other day. Easy as hell. Ended up tasty. Let me know if you want the recipe. Seafood around New Year's supposedly is good luck.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
gmku - I'd be wary of giving TVs your card. Before you know it, you'll be deluged with requests from "women" wanting you to pay for their all=body waxing sessions.

Wary!? Hell, I'm game and then some.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 10:21 PM

no you aren't. i mean really, whatevever you say, you aren't.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:24 PM

So. You speak from experience?

MellySingsDoom 01.02.2010 10:26 PM

^^^Are you experienced? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjyXsIYAp8o

gmku 01.02.2010 10:33 PM

Fuck. Was that dude amazing?! I just figured out my go-to-sleep album for tonight.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 10:34 PM

don't go to sleep, stay awake, i beg of you. something sexual's coming down, I assure you

gmku 01.02.2010 10:35 PM

Too old and sad. Sorry.

truncated 01.02.2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
I remember you. I'm pretty sure you took my SYG PM cherry back in the day. The specifics are fuzzy as I'd had a bit to drink. After that you disappeared and I went through a period of self-loathing. I was living out a teenage metaphysical nightmare much like the lyrics to Nirvana's 'Downer.' After the metamorphosis, my innocence gone, I became this terrible thing you see before you. Thanks bro.

Yes, I vaguely remember that as well. I'm not sure if that makes me feel narcissistically heroic or akin to a rapist. Perhaps the latter can result in the former in this case.

At any rate, I applaud your transformation, and look forward to the product. I must correct the "bro," however, as I am not a male, and would really like to dispel that seemingly popular notion.

I also remember that back in the day, you didn't post much. I'm glad that cherry has been popped as well. Unless of course, you turn out to be a twat.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 11:08 PM

the art is to read the last post of every thread and then to interject, irreverantly

truncated 01.02.2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that Knox is indeed a cat, if not very close to being one in spirit. Truncated had the fortune of missing Swa(y) I believe, and the misfortune of the President of the Universe. Weeeee.

Did it happen to look 1/2 as appealing as Truncated's avatar?

Christ, it's a lot of work doing this quote and reply thing, especially in one post. A lot of copying and pasting I can't be bothered with, so pardon the multiple posts.

I was around for Swa(y) - did he do something naughty? Naturally I want only the most sordid gossip. And who is this President of the Universe you speak of? I thought that was porky.

Turkey has soporific chemicals. Turkey makes me think of football, and then I want to die.

demonrail666's handle predictably makes me think of a soul-thieving train gliding through the underworld. I like it.

In reference to being HAWT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
not really.

You're either being modest, or lying. Prove it either way. I'm a voyeur.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 11:12 PM

just reply at the end and refuse to give a fuck what's been said beforehand

truncated 01.02.2010 11:13 PM

Rabblerouser.

That's HAWT.

Inhuman 01.02.2010 11:23 PM

After a number of previous formal departures from the forum, Swa actually published his final thread and we discussed our favorite Swa moments including images of "sordid" awsomeness. Perhaps he still lurks under a different identity masking his username and outspoken personality.

http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthr...ght=swa%28y%29

Baer was a twat aspiring to be web famous by spamming message boards and self promoting his two shitty sites. Every time I log in hear echoes of his favorite expression "weeeeeeeee"
http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthr...highlight=baer

noisereductions 01.02.2010 11:46 PM

satan?

truncated 01.03.2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
After a number of previous formal departures from the forum, Swa actually published his final thread and we discussed our favorite Swa moments including images of "sordid" awsomeness. Perhaps he still lurks under a different identity masking his username and outspoken personality.

http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthr...ght=swa%28y%29

Baer was a twat aspiring to be web famous by spamming message boards and self promoting his two shitty sites. Every time I log in hear echoes of his favorite expression "weeeeeeeee"
http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthr...highlight=baer

Well, there's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. But thanks for the lowdown, I suppose. The only highlights of that were the discussions of justifiable rape (as contradictory as that phrase is). I've learned valuable lessons.

EVOLghost 01.03.2010 03:55 AM

@inhuman.

the guy was president of the earth.

amerikangod 01.03.2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Yes, I vaguely remember that as well. I'm not sure if that makes me feel narcissistically heroic or akin to a rapist. Perhaps the latter can result in the former in this case.

At any rate, I applaud your transformation, and look forward to the product. I must correct the "bro," however, as I am not a male, and would really like to dispel that seemingly popular notion.

I also remember that back in the day, you didn't post much. I'm glad that cherry has been popped as well. Unless of course, you turn out to be a twat.

I've always been one to argue that rape can benefit both parties. Rape can show one the error of their ways, restore humility to them, and thaw out even the frostiest of ice queens. So please, embrace your role.

I am aware that you are a lady. In fact, I might even still have photographic proof of it somewhere on my computer. That said I tend to use 'bro' universally. It's part of my meatheaded charm.

I'm happy to maintain more of a presence on this board as well. And sorry, but I am a twat.

Quote:

The only highlights of that were the discussions of justifiable rape (as contradictory as that phrase is). I've learned valuable lessons.

See above for further discussion of the topic. It's an important issue that I hope to drag out into the public forum.

floatingslowly 01.03.2010 11:15 AM

hi. missin' you, girl.

Savage Clone 01.03.2010 11:29 AM

Indeed.

gmku 01.03.2010 01:26 PM

Where is she?

nicfit 01.03.2010 05:10 PM

Just wuw.

truncated 01.03.2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Just wuw.

I don't get that. I got dumber during my hiatus. Really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameriikangod
I've always been one to argue that rape can benefit both parties. Rape can show one the error of their ways, restore humility to them, and thaw out even the frostiest of ice queens. So please, embrace your role.

I am aware that you are a lady. In fact, I might even still have photographic proof of it somewhere on my computer. That said I tend to use 'bro' universally. It's part of my meatheaded charm.

I'm happy to maintain more of a presence on this board as well. And sorry, but I am a twat.

No encouragement necessary for embracing referenced role. I am an advocate of using force in most situations; a select few of us are rightly aware that we inherently know better than any of our peers, and are always benefiting them by correcting their egregious errors. You obviously know nothing about me. Which is understood, as I am a fascinating, unapproachable, enigmatic, and vastly superior being.

"Bro" usage understood. Charm yet to be determined.

You fail to meet my twat standards by apologizing for being such.

You lose.

nicfit 01.03.2010 06:07 PM

I meant to say "wuw", as in, "uuuh, look who's here!", just that.
just wuw.
I'm a foreigner, you know.

amerikangod 01.04.2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

No encouragement necessary for embracing referenced role. I am an advocate of using force in most situations; a select few of us are rightly aware that we inherently know better than any of our peers, and are always benefiting them by correcting their egregious errors. You obviously know nothing about me. Which is understood, as I am a fascinating, unapproachable, enigmatic, and vastly superior being.

"Bro" usage understood. Charm yet to be determined.

You fail to meet my twat standards by apologizing for being such.

You lose.

The apology was not genuine. In fact, it was intentionally hollow. Kind of like if I'd just eaten all of your nachos and you were all "Did you just eat all of my nachos?" and I was unphased and just "Sorry bro" without looking away from your Braveheart DVD which I repeatedly borrow and watch without asking. It is admission but with a complete lack of caring. Acknowledgement of the state of affairs without feeling it is a problem or intending to change.

floatingslowly 01.04.2010 09:19 AM

unrelated to this, my left eye won't stop twitching.

knox 01.04.2010 09:37 AM

i hate it when that happens.

EVOLghost 01.04.2010 12:13 PM

Fuck. I'm getttin' sick.

floatingslowly 01.04.2010 06:54 PM

mother, mother
there's too many of you crying
brother, brother, brother
there's far too many of you dying
you know we've got to find a way
to bring some lovin' here today - yeah

father, father