Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Should I take some acid on thursday? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28022)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm going to say "yes" because I believe this was more of a "hey guys, I'm dropping acid on thursday" thread and not a morality poll.

otherwise, I'd say "no".

you have no idea what you are putting in yr head if you take that, mon.

actually it was a genuine question, i'm not one for those who "hey guys" things, I usually enjoy people's thoughts and opinions on this forum, it is a seriously random selection of people from all over the fucking world and I terribly enjoy that fact.

this thread was more of a survey of people's opinions on acid as well as genuine question on if it would be advisable to save the doses for later [after all, that could make me even more anxious to just drop em, I have never been one to hold these kinds of things for long along with many folks I am sure as it is the nature of hallucinogens to be rather spontaneous]

floatingslowly 11.12.2008 09:29 PM

then my answer is: "flush that shit".

some doors are best left closed. and by doors, I mean, Jim Morrison.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

some doors are best left closed. and by doors, I mean, Jim Morrison.

you know that is the fucking truth! I smoked some salvia one night, took me to literal hell, and I was scared of the universe let alone hallucinogens for months. Still I must admit, that I have gained tremendous wisdom and spiritual understanding from my several horrific accidents with hallucinogenic plants over the years, this is why indians here in cali used them as bar mitzvahs

these are the kinds of things I would not touch again,

and these fuckers on the ground, don't let them fool you, they are much worse.

ask the Jamestown colonists about that one.

and these... shit..

floatingslowly 11.12.2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
my several horrific accidents with hallucinogenic plants over the years

Quote:

"flush that shit".

floatingslowly 11.12.2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous(edit)
these are the kinds of things I would not touch again,

I prefer to speak in short-syllabled words and consider "..." the grandest of posts, so I don't often explain myself.

my point is: it was not the plants that gave you the bad trips. the keys to hell are in yr own mind. the chemical is simply a facilitator of the experience. if you are prone to bad trips, yr just asking for a psuedo-religious-freakout. do you really want to become a door-to-door bible salesman? I've seen it happen.

neural_burn is a terrible thing to taste.

this post brought to you by New and Improved - JINXY!

✌➬ 11.12.2008 09:59 PM

I don't ever wanna try it, or until I feel my mind is ready for that shit.

Kloriel 11.12.2008 10:07 PM

i am a professional liar. not a nefarious one but the point is if you're weighing arguments seriously and you're taking the one that says 'turn into a werewolf tomorrow' as something other than inanity, then you should think of russian roulette. cus that'd be the game you decide to play. think of what you already have seen and ask yourself if there is really anything else left. my suspicion is that you're just going to end up smashing what you know and taking a look at the fragments before they drift towards abyss.

keep it instead. there's nothing else out there, and even if there is, it sounds like you've done enough shrooms to have seen it. it would be redundant and potentially life/progress destroying.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 10:11 PM

now see, these are the kind of serious, thought provoking responses I anticipated. Regardless of the facts I will inevitably drop the doses, but it is literally refreshing to read the serious thoughts of others about the issue of dropping or not. The Socratic method can be very rewarding at times

EVOLghost 11.12.2008 10:19 PM

[quote=SuchFriendsAreDangerous]you know that is the fucking truth! I smoked some salvia one night, took me to literal hell

salvia sucks it just made me feel literally retarded...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 10:24 PM

[quote=EVOLghost]
Quote:

you know that is the fucking truth! I smoked some salvia one night, took me to literal hell

salvia sucks it just made me feel literally retarded...

bad batch. that particular variety of datura is the worst, it will really mess up your interpretation of reality with serious spiritual residual effects. several folks at random have exchanged similar notes with me regarding its effects. yr really better off having had a weak experience with it, it could have been much worse for you.

floatingslowly 11.12.2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloriel
'turn into a werewolf tomorrow'

does 12:17am count as tomorrow? the catalyst is quickly waxing toward completion.

whorefrost 11.13.2008 10:51 AM

Well... lemme know how it pans out buddy

Dead-Air 11.13.2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

psilocybin is no a poison, it can not kill you, nor does it cause any kind of physiological damage to the mind or body.

Absolutely, that's God telling you that you want to throw up! Seriously, do you honestly believe that psilocybin is the only toxin in mushrooms? If you are going to ingest chemicals, a little knowledge of chemistry wouldn't be a bad idea.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.13.2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Absolutely, that's God telling you that you want to throw up! Seriously, do you honestly believe that psilocybin is the only toxin in mushrooms? If you are going to ingest chemicals, a little knowledge of chemistry wouldn't be a bad idea.

none of these pose any serious health risks either..

5-Benzyloxy-3-indole acetic acid 2 N,
N-Dimethyltryptamine hydrogen-oxalate [aka DMT] 4
Gramine 40 3-Hydroxyethyl indole 2 5-Hydroxy-3-indole acetic acid 2
5-Hydroxyindole 4
3-Hydroxymethylindole 2
5-Hydroxytryptamine creatine sulfate [aka Serotonin] 4
5-Hydroxytryptophane 2 Indole 4 3-Indoleacetamide 2
3-Indole acetic acid 2 3-Indoleacetic acid ethyl ester 2
3-Indoleacetonitrile 2 3-Indolealdehyde 40 3-Indoleacetaldehyde 2
3-Indolecarboxylic acid 4 3-Indolelactic acid 2
gamma-(Indole)-N-butyric acid 4
beta-Indole-3-acrylic acid 2
beta-(Indole-3)-propionic acid 4
Indoxylacetate 2
Indoxylbutyrate 2
Isatin 2
5-Methoxy-2-carboxyindole 2
5-Methoxydimethyltryptamine monooxalate [aka Bufotenine] 4
5-Methoxyindole 4 2-Methylindole 2 3-Methylindole 4
5-Methylindole 4
5-Methyltryptophane 2
N-Methyltryptophane 2
Tryptamine hydrochloride 4
L-Tryptophane 0.8

but its like Lavar Burton said, you don't have to take my word for it.

akprodr 11.13.2008 06:29 PM

You copied this off of the label?

phoenix 11.13.2008 07:07 PM

so did you?

Dead-Air 11.13.2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

none of these pose any serious health risks either..

5-Benzyloxy-3-indole acetic acid 2 N,
N-Dimethyltryptamine hydrogen-oxalate [aka DMT] 4
Gramine 40 3-Hydroxyethyl indole 2 5-Hydroxy-3-indole acetic acid 2
5-Hydroxyindole 4
3-Hydroxymethylindole 2
5-Hydroxytryptamine creatine sulfate [aka Serotonin] 4
5-Hydroxytryptophane 2 Indole 4 3-Indoleacetamide 2
3-Indole acetic acid 2 3-Indoleacetic acid ethyl ester 2
3-Indoleacetonitrile 2 3-Indolealdehyde 40 3-Indoleacetaldehyde 2
3-Indolecarboxylic acid 4 3-Indolelactic acid 2
gamma-(Indole)-N-butyric acid 4
beta-Indole-3-acrylic acid 2
beta-(Indole-3)-propionic acid 4
Indoxylacetate 2
Indoxylbutyrate 2
Isatin 2
5-Methoxy-2-carboxyindole 2
5-Methoxydimethyltryptamine monooxalate [aka Bufotenine] 4
5-Methoxyindole 4 2-Methylindole 2 3-Methylindole 4
5-Methylindole 4
5-Methyltryptophane 2
N-Methyltryptophane 2
Tryptamine hydrochloride 4
L-Tryptophane 0.8

but its like Lavar Burton said, you don't have to take my word for it.

I give you props on the credible come back. I hope you're tripping right now while reading chemistry books.

However, we've been around this block before. You are correct that I don't have to take your word for it. I have personal experience to go on, and even the most gutter street acid I ever ate was a lot gentler on the body than Nature's own fungi.

I will forever maintain that the mushrooms don't want to be eaten, and thus they exude poisons for the purpose of making extinct the mushroom eaters, and a side effect of this toxicity includes hallucinations. Give me something made in a lab with purity as the actual intent any day.

Kloriel 11.13.2008 11:13 PM

what the hell is a green goggles

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.14.2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
. Give me something made in a lab with purity as the actual intent any day.

we are truly polar opposites in this regard.

laboratories frighten me.

they remind me too much of rooms like these:

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.26.2015 12:48 AM

Haha i forgot to tell y'all those doses were crazy and i ended up kidnapping my little sister and my friend taking them hostage for a few hours while the house was melting.. good times sort of

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.26.2015 12:48 AM

Haha i forgot to tell y'all those doses were crazy and i ended up kidnapping my little sister and my friend taking them hostage for a few hours while the house was melting.. good times sort of

Severian 10.26.2015 11:34 AM

Ugh, I am super glad this question never comes up for me anymore.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.28.2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pissonu
niggaz b trippn

Severian 11.12.2015 01:35 PM

Man, I really used to enjoy my psychedelics too. Loved them, in fact. I don't often get nostalgic about this kind of thing, but when I do, I get in war story mode and I want to shoot the shit with folks who've been there.

I had a bad habit of taking acid or mushrooms or e without telling anyone. Recipe for disaster, that.

Sometimes I wonder how my brain would handle being reacquainted with the long forgotten but deeply familiar feeling of the big come-up. That eternal minute when everything slows and speeds up and you realize that you're there, and there's nothing for it now but to ride it out.

I think it might push me over the edge into complete insanity. I'm glad some folks can still go for a romp in the stars without fear of it toppling the already shaky house of cards that is their psyche.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2015 01:54 PM

What is funny for me is that not only do i still enjoy mushrooms and am eating them a few times scheduled this Fall, that some of my most vivid and active dreaming style memories are of psychedelic experiences. I can remember in detail almost every one of my many psychedelic experiences frequently as vividly as say childhood memories. Its like my brain them for safe keeping. I can tell you in more detail about the last ten times i consumed psychedelics than whatever the fuck i did last week

Severian 11.12.2015 10:39 PM

Well that last bit sounds pretty fucked up.

But the rest of it sounds normal. I have tripped so many times on so many things, but there are almost no blank spots in my memories.

We should never trust any memory too much. They get jacked up and altered by the process of remembering, suggestion, association and other weird things that just plain guarantee your crystal clear memories are only about 40% accurate. But your brain does "reserve" a special kind of space and detail for events of extreme stimulation. Like car crashes, trips stick with you.

I should add that I am an extremely volatile tripper. If I'm in a bad place and I eat something colorful, I will end up giving myself a blackout inducing panic attack. I've had the world around me reduced to equations and neverending threads. I've forgotten my name and everything about myself more times than I can remember. So my trips are particularly memorable not only because I have always taken as much of a given substance as I could, but also because the trip itself has either been revelatory or an apocalyptic zombie death orgy in my brain.

If I ever trip again, I'll have a pocket full of Xanax with me... just in case.