Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Classic albums that you think kinda suck and people hate you for it. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60627)

Murmer99 10.17.2011 03:42 PM

yeah, I was going to mention Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses. Such a boring album to sit through.

Frank Zappa, Smiths, Megadeth, Radiohead are a few that come to mind.. I wouldn't say they're terrible at all though. In fact.. I've been starting to like some stuff by Zappa lately.

Pelle 10.17.2011 03:54 PM

Oh yeah, GNR..just don't get it. Hate it. Slash can go fuck himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99
I've been starting to like some stuff by Zappa lately.

Damn right mate!

WHat stuff have you checked out? I could let ya know what to check out.
He's got an endless catalogue so..;)

E. Noisefield 10.17.2011 04:16 PM

Count me down for anything by Manic Street Preachers as well. I'm sorry, but...no.

Torn Curtain 10.17.2011 04:53 PM

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=972 :o

Derek 10.17.2011 06:25 PM

dark side of the moon.

who's up for a blumpkin 10.17.2011 09:29 PM

I'm sorry but I don't get the big deal about Guided By Voices whatsoever. I caught one of their gigs last year with the "classic lineup" and was completely baffled while everyone was losing their shit. Ok so he writes 60 songs a day... THE SAME FUCKIN ONE!

Count Mecha 10.18.2011 12:42 AM

Most Bruce Springsteen, though Nebraska is kind of interesting.

_slavo_ 10.18.2011 02:02 AM

Husker Du - Zen Arcade

ann ashtray 10.18.2011 02:21 AM

Almost everything Mike Patton is associated with.

frades 10.18.2011 04:49 AM

I usually hate "only live" albums like public enemy's second album or SY's "sister". these two ones were highly overrated imo these last years

louder 10.18.2011 06:05 AM

people on an SY forum hate Sister? the fuck?

evollove 10.18.2011 10:14 AM

^ No. They think SISTER kinda sucks. The "hate" part comes from us toward them.

dirty bunny 10.18.2011 11:59 AM

well nobody hates me for it, but The Wall. That was the first album I thought of when I saw this thread. What an pompous depressing piece of shit.

I also have a surprising hatred for Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips. But I adore The Soft Bulletin. Go figure.

hevusa 10.18.2011 12:03 PM

sister is better than daydream nation.

DeadDiscoDildo 10.18.2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa
sister is better than daydream nation.

Yeah, I think daydream nation kinda sucks.

I prefer evol and sister and goo.

frades 10.18.2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
people on an SY forum hate Sister? the fuck?

I shall have said I dislike "sister" for its too-orientated-to-shows intentions. otherwise it's good naturally

EVOLghost 10.18.2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
well nobody hates me for it, but The Wall. That was the first album I thought of when I saw this thread. What an pompous depressing piece of shit.

I also have a surprising hatred for Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips. But I adore The Soft Bulletin. Go figure.

WHAAAAAAAAAAA! I think Yoshimi is better than Soft bulletin. the 2nd half of Soft bulletin is kind of slow...whereas Yoshimi is fun filled sounds everywhere. But I don't listen to it very often...I think the Flaming Lips is one of those bands where you can't listen to them all the time or else your soul may shrivel up.

EVOLghost 10.18.2011 12:38 PM

ANd I htink DDN is better than Sister. So many more rockin' songs. But Ultimately album is definatly EVOL. When I first heard Tom Violence live, the most embarassing sound came out of me. But then I rocked out.....like a boss.

Gerrystumbaugh 10.18.2011 12:59 PM

not exactly in the "classic album" category, but anything by Neko Case.

Saw her live once...meh. No one would buy her records if she wasn't pretty.

Count Mecha 10.19.2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
WHAAAAAAAAAAA! I think Yoshimi is better than Soft bulletin. the 2nd half of Soft bulletin is kind of slow...whereas Yoshimi is fun filled sounds everywhere. But I don't listen to it very often...I think the Flaming Lips is one of those bands where you can't listen to them all the time or else your soul may shrivel up.

I think all of those 'higher fi' Lips records are pretty bad really. Everything between Clouds Taste Metallic and Embryonic is pretty meh.