Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Keiji Haino last night. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5753)

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
i've read a couple of interviews where thurston laments over london gig audiences... especially when SY have played there and have got weird/improv acts to open, there has generally been a negative reaction... one of many other reasons that puts me off moving to london...

i think that's more to do with people who are fans of sonic youth from the pop end of things, they aren't the sort of people you would run into at other weird music gigs. there are plenty of weird gigs going on in london where the crowds aren't mostly heckle-prone twats.

whorefrost 09.06.2006 10:32 AM

yeah, i suppose that's a good point... even seeing SY at T in the Park, they played some free jazz shit over the sound system before SY came on... I remember hearing some comments from bewildered audience members... i suppose SY fans in general tend to emanate more from the mainstream spectrum of things...

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Was it right that Z'ev played a support slot on Monday? How was that?

he did solo a percussion thing. rubbish, was the general concensus.

Glice 09.06.2006 01:04 PM

Z'ev was pretty poo. I really enjoyed the free support last night (the free thing). I also enjoyed Haino a lot, but also managed to slip in a nap in the middle of his set.

I would like to apologise herewith to Mr & Bowels and Iain for being utterly plastered, and would like to extend my thanks again to Mr & Bowels for the loaning of sleeping space.

jon boy 09.06.2006 01:13 PM

no berlin dates. cunting fuck.

Iain 09.06.2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Z'ev was pretty poo. I really enjoyed the free support last night (the free thing). I also enjoyed Haino a lot, but also managed to slip in a nap in the middle of his set.

I would like to apologise herewith to Mr & Bowels and Iain for being utterly plastered, and would like to extend my thanks again to Mr & Bowels for the loaning of sleeping space.

Yep, the 10 or so minutes of Z'ev that I saw was pretty rubbish. I would normally have stayed to see if it got any better but it was so bloody hot in there I had to get a breather.

And Glice really was very, very drunk. No apologies required, it was most entertaining.

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

I would like to apologise herewith to Mr & Bowels and Iain for being utterly plastered.

apology accepted

Glice 09.06.2006 05:21 PM

It's quite a common theme with me, unfortunately. Every time I come to London I end up in bars for days on end and don't actually eat anything. Fucking spazztard. Still, you were both most magnanimous in your faint bemusement.

I should like to point out to any audience concerned that Porkie was quite drunk on Monday night. He is, nonetheless, a very cuddly man.

Glice 09.06.2006 05:22 PM

Not again, no. I went to a bar in Paddington for most of the afternoon. No bears though.

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 05:24 PM

no we went to that mexican place on old street because it was the nearest thing that was open.

by the way, i wasn't bothered by your drunkeness, but i'm not one to turn down a groveling apology when they come my way either.

marras is always drunk.

Glice 09.06.2006 05:26 PM

Grovelling, habitual, ubiquitous/ potato, potato, potato.

That Mexican place, I should point out, is surely the vestibule of death. Last time I was in there I was being fed umpteen tequilas by an Irishman.

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 05:31 PM

i've never been in, that place looks so dodgy.

Cantankerous 09.06.2006 05:32 PM

were you all together?
what a sight that would have been.

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 05:34 PM

yes we were all together. iain and glice even shared a bed.

Glice 09.06.2006 05:34 PM

It was quite amusing, actually, given that we all agreed to wear ponchos and Mexican hats so as to recognise each other. Oh, did we look ace or what?

And then a load of really cute girls came up and asked us to sex them because we were clearly sexy so we sexed them and it was good and then we sexed them some more. Oh, the fun we had.

Glice 09.06.2006 05:34 PM

Oh yes, Iain and me had a HOT night of PASSIONATE sleep.

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 05:35 PM

really, i would have thought a bar run by russian gangsters would have been the apex of good taste?

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Oh yes, Iain and me had a HOT night of PASSIONATE sleep.

my housemate told me you two were all cuddled up when she came in in the morning

Glice 09.06.2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
my housemate told me you two were all cuddled up when she came in in the morning

Ha. Jealousy is such a cruel thing. She clearly wanted to be the meat in a manwich.

Toilet & Bowels 09.06.2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Ha. Jealousy is such a cruel thing. She clearly wanted to be the meat in a manwich.

you speak truer than you know