Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are your thoughts re: (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40935)

artsygrrl 08.12.2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa
We should legalize blowjobs. Everything else should be illegal while driving.

haha, true that!

the original pincho 08.12.2010 09:28 PM

Texting is way harder to do than drive. You don't even text? I agree talking is enough,I don't want people texting that is completely crazy.

pbradley 08.12.2010 09:54 PM

i thnk it is stpd. wtf. ppl r tards.

brb, accident

EVOLghost 08.12.2010 10:09 PM

It is stupid. but I too am guilty. I try to take my time with it. I drive a super lot and multi-tasking while driving is fairly routine now. but I am a careful driver.

Satan 08.12.2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
i thnk it is stpd. wtf. ppl r tards.

brb, accident

lol u funny must spread rep

Murmer99 08.12.2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Never had a cellphone, never texted anyone, so in general, I might seem a bit biased towards cellphone culture... it's true, people glued to their phones 24/7, to the point that they can't function, can be a bit annoying in social situations. I remember going on a date with a girl and she looked at her phone literally every 5 seconds. Whatever, I can overlook that.

I can't overlook texting and driving though. Texting while driving is about as responsible as getting drunk and driving. Driving is just a privilege for most people -- for me, it's a necessity, since I live in the country, which is like 30 minutes away from everything. So, unfortunately, as much as I'd love to ride a bike or walk, it would take hours to get anywhere I need to go. That means that I really want other people on the road to be safe, since I have to drive me so much and therefore have to deal with them.... it just kills me that people can't wait 5 fucking minutes to text someone, because that text msg is just SO important that it's worth risking everyone's life over.

People who text and drive should get their license taken away. Hell, get some jail time too.

i was about to type something nearly identical to this and then i read your post.

ann ashtray 08.12.2010 11:43 PM

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but personally I do NOT text while driving. I try and pay close attention to the road. To date (knock on wood...) I've never been in a wreck...I've avoided a couple though. I like to know what's going on around me at all times when I'm behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Texting while driving has caused accidents. Looking down at a celly/punching in numbers/letters doesn't sound like the safest idea...all it takes is a couple seconds to rear end someone in front of you if they happen to come to a sudden stop.

That's just my take.

alteredcourse 08.12.2010 11:50 PM

T + D seems to synchronize with the mass tendency for people to not be able or willing to focus on one task at a time. Hey, its understandable, this generation has been bred for the multitasking endeavors of customer service and other menial job fillers (thank you, public education), but overall theres this unwillingness for people to be okay with being without, of being nothing, of doing nothing, of going for a walk without the purpose of purchasing coffee or makeup whatever such thing, theres the void between the person and curiosity. By the way I am not previewing posts tonight out of my own convenience, sorry if I've been keyboard mashing.

Rob Instigator 08.13.2010 08:49 AM

Here in Texas it is illegal to use a cellphone while driving without a headset but enforcement is tough.

chicka 08.13.2010 10:14 AM

Headsets are available as well as devices to make your phone available without the use of your hands so all cell phone activity should be illegal. Other than a life or death emergency what can't wait 5 minutes until you get somewhere to make or accept a call?

Rob Instigator 08.13.2010 10:22 AM

or just pull over in the parking lot of the local walgreens?

EVOLghost 08.13.2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Here in Texas it is illegal to use a cellphone while driving without a headset but enforcement is tough.

I heard it "was" illegal here in illinois...but I haven't heard anything like that. Then again Chicago cops don't really pull you over..

ploesj 08.13.2010 11:20 AM

it's illegal here to make phonecalls without a headset, and there is now a campaign to discourage people to use a cellphone in a car anyway... it's always distracting.

you can also get a fine for calling or texting on a bike, which is fair. bikes are even easier to stop and park for a minute or two.

lucyrulesok 08.14.2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

cars kill more people than war and in many cases more than disease..

only in some places.

SpaceCadetHayden 08.14.2010 12:54 PM

I'm assimilated to my phone. I don't even have to look at the phone while texting.

ploesj 08.14.2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
I'm assimilated to my phone. I don't even have to look at the phone while texting.

but it still distracts you from driving. that's why it is advised not to use your phone in any way while driving. no calls (even with a headset) and no texts.

the ikara cult 08.14.2010 06:58 PM

if you text and drive, you are a div

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.14.2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.

RanaldoNecro 08.14.2010 08:09 PM

talking maybe, texting no. Several people worldwide have already died cuz of texting...

pbradley 08.14.2010 08:35 PM

Korea's cell phone obsession would make one assume that this is a huge problem.

Honestly, Korean drivers don't need the help.