Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   stuff you want, vol.2 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40932)

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 04:53 PM

Hm. I am always giving stuff away, or selling stuff, and I haven't really bought anything in many many years now, aside from pills or spaghetti. I don't even have time to enjoy the stuff I have now, so why would I get more stuff? Here is literally everything I own:

- about 15 actual video games (and about 100 burnt games)
- a $1200 lapop I got because my friend owed me $500
- a $200 Jagmaster guitar and a Fender amp; I have 5 amps, a bass, some keyboards, and some homemade instruments but I'm smashing all those (for my movie) or selling them in the next few months
- a $24 Jazz DV152 camera (I'm getting a $1000 JVC camera soon because that same friend owes me $200)
- over 4,000 movies
- over 20,000 cd-r's
- 3 pairs of pants, 8 shirts, some socks and underwear
- a car I've been driving for 6 years that cost me $500
- a 10-year-old Dell computer with Windows ME on it

That's it. You can fit everything of mine in 2 or 3 big computer boxes. I've been thinking about it for 10 minutes now... and I seriously can't think of anything else I want, or will ever want, except maybe some dvd-r's or cd-r's.

Derek 08.12.2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

A cello and a lefthanded jazzmaster, though I don't think lefthanded jazzmasters exist or you have to get it custom or something like that.
Yeah I've never seen any either. Being left-handed sucks.

knox 08.12.2010 07:33 PM

I want

a cat
a huge collection of headstuffs nd shoes
a proper keyboard (and to be able to figure out wht hppened to my midi keyboard)
ive been wanting cds
for some reason
but i sort of need a new mcbook
more aiermiles

space 08.12.2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Yeah I've never seen any either. Being left-handed sucks.

first, HOW DARE YOU.

second, learn to be ambi-.

space 08.12.2010 09:02 PM

I already have everything I need, and you can't buy what I've got.

ann ashtray 08.12.2010 11:51 PM

A guitar built by Electrical Guitar Company.
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/

New tires/o2 sensor for my truck.

A whole day to spend with a certain someone. being older/working all the time/conflicting schedules.....er.

A bottle of Johnny Walker Red to sit in my freezer forever that doesn't end up getting drank up by friends. I've tried saving two FULL bottles, both times they were drank up by other people. I'll hide the next one.

alteredcourse 08.12.2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

That's it. You can fit everything of mine in 2 or 3 big computer boxes. I've been thinking about it for 10 minutes now... and I seriously can't think of anything else I want, or will ever want, except maybe some dvd-r's or cd-r's.

Why do you keep that old Dell?

Why is it so important to you to be so compact? Was there a lot of pressure on you to have possessions before ?

ann ashtray 08.13.2010 12:04 AM

I can relate w/ atsonicpark on some level....

I'm too ADD to deal with too many possessions. They just get in the way, and make a room look far too busy. Plus, I've moved so many times in my life + having to haul a bunch of shit sucks. I tend to get rid of most things when I move, + just start all over.

If I moved out of state tomorrow, everything I'd wanna bring would fit in the back of my truck w/ some room to spare (+ I drive a Ford Ranger...a compact/light duty truck).

basically just a box full of music, clothes, guitar, and another small box w/ some books and I'm good to go.

atsonicpark 08.13.2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Why do you keep that old Dell?

Because it still works just fine... my mom is usually using this laptop to check her crap out.

Quote:

Why is it so important to you to be so compact? Was there a lot of pressure on you to have possessions before ?

I've never had anything growing up. Everything I've had, I've worked hard for. So, I never really spend my money. I think I've grown to really appreciate what I do have, and I realize that I can't take it with me when I die anyway, so why have anything, except the essentials, the stuff I use all the time? I don't want to be tied down to stuff.

alteredcourse 08.13.2010 12:59 AM

A fine balance, I guess we all have one. Yours is interesting.

alteredcourse 08.13.2010 01:02 AM

Yay, you have a halloween avatar!!!
I want so much for my two friends at work and I to make a costume like the three segments of The Human Centipede. We've been joking about it since it came out, we've designated positions, and it would be so fun to create the costumes....glued thick black thread and gore paint around the mouth, white medical ribbon around the body with more stitches and gore paint on the ass and knees, easy! and so fun! but they're not sure they want to really do anything about it. Yay, halloween!

Youth_Against_Facism 08.13.2010 02:21 AM

A new surfboard. Something like this will do;

http://www.morningoftheearthsurfboar...s/IMGP3898.JPG
http://www.morningoftheearthsurfboar...s/IMGP3891.JPG
http://www.morningoftheearthsurfboar...s/IMGP3895.JPG

:D

pbradley 08.13.2010 02:43 AM

1. A rubber-bottom, shaggy mat for the outside of my bathroom (since the whole of a Korean bathroom is the shower, I'm annoyed with traipsing water all over the place)
  2. a couch
  3. curtains
  4. bowls/plates
  5. maybe a Playstation 3, after I have the couch
  6. pipe tobacco
  7. a wifi capable 'smart' phone
  8. oh yeah, and wifi in my apartment since trekking to a cafe to leech reception is both inconvenient and temporary. I've already been kicked out of one cafe for not buying anything prior to getting my first pay check, doesn't help that they don't have power outlets, either.

EVOLghost 08.13.2010 10:53 AM

breakfast.

EVOLghost 08.13.2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Yay, you have a halloween avatar!!!
I want so much for my two friends at work and I to make a costume like the three segments of The Human Centipede. We've been joking about it since it came out, we've designated positions, and it would be so fun to create the costumes....glued thick black thread and gore paint around the mouth, white medical ribbon around the body with more stitches and gore paint on the ass and knees, easy! and so fun! but they're not sure they want to really do anything about it. Yay, halloween!

wait...just a question about the costume...

would you guys be held together like in the movie? like.....you know...ass to mouth type of shit.

chicka 08.13.2010 12:38 PM

I just want to travel but right now I have more important business taking care of my parents.

Rob Instigator 08.13.2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
I just want to travel but right now I have more important business taking care of my parents.

I wanna move to someplace new with my lady but ths same thing keeps us here.

SONIC GAIL 08.13.2010 01:51 PM

1. a natural non chemical induced state of happiness
2. to sing with Ryan on stage soon
3. more time to finally learn how to play my guitar
4. my kids to have the best childhood that 2 parents could ever give
5. a magic wand to make my house clean itself so i have more time

FreshChops 08.13.2010 10:40 PM

you can't beat a good blow-up doll. These solid beauties appear better because I always loose my blow-ups after putting out my cigarettes on them :(

knox 08.14.2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
  1. A rubber-bottom, shaggy mat for the outside of my bathroom (since the whole of a Korean bathroom is the shower, I'm annoyed with traipsing water all over the place)
  2. a couch
  3. curtains
  4. bowls/plates
  5. maybe a Playstation 3, after I have the couch
  6. pipe tobacco
  7. a wifi capable 'smart' phone
  8. oh yeah, and wifi in my apartment since trekking to a cafe to leech reception is both inconvenient and temporary. I've already been kicked out of one cafe for not buying anything prior to getting my first pay check, doesn't help that they don't have power outlets, either.

try nokia E71
it should be cheap there no?