Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   SYG Costume Party 2009 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35580)

static-harmony 10.31.2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
cantankerous is getting a bit tiring with the cleavage and rebellious poses 'n shit

Haven't you said this how many times again?

Dead-Air 10.31.2009 10:50 PM

So this incredibly hot teenage witch just showed up at my door with the black lace cleavage thing going on and a pack of cigarettes in her hand, while her friend dressed as a (?) with a bag for the two of them did the actual trick or treating. And now I know for sure where I draw the line, because in the past I would have used the "Don't you dare you're married" rationalization but obviously that doesn't apply when your wife is off at some Halloween party and planning to sleep with some guy on his boat after that.

So the witchy hottie is petting Scratch, the neighbor's cat who thinks she's ours (she's full grown but forever will pass as a kitten, kind of like me) and I explain to her how we get all the love with none of the vet bills or food cost and I give some extra candy to her friend because they only have one bag between them after all. I realize, however, that a crush on a crazy twenty-four year old a continent away is probably as far as I can or should go.

I go back to drinking a really nice $7.50 chianti by myself, playing with all of the beautiful motion blurs, and looking forward to bringing all this damn candy (of which I've eaten none so far) into work on Monday and looking like a good boss.

terriblecanyons 10.31.2009 11:41 PM

actual costume, hipster zombie.
aka I put on a bunch of dumb clothes.

floatingslowly 10.31.2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
A better Halloween Scrooge would buy up all the Halloween candy before and then sell it back after.

candy is always cheaper after. stores are forced to offload.

with economic advice like that, you'll never leave yr mom's house!

Satan 11.01.2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
cantankerous is getting a bit tiring with the cleavage and rebellious poses 'n shit

it's halloween manm its dress like a whore day

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 11.01.2009 12:15 AM

I was a berserker
don't have pictures

I had a skull cap, a shield, a chest plate, and fur. I made all of the stuff.

Dead-Air 11.01.2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
it's halloween manm its dress like a whore day

I noticed that when I was buying candy and chianti at the grocery store. Of course for some of us, Halloween is every day...

pbradley 11.01.2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
candy is always cheaper after. stores are forced to offload.

with economic advice like that, you'll never leave yr mom's house!

Money is no object to a Scrooge and I am by no means a Scrooge.

Sonic Youth 37 11.01.2009 03:05 AM

I was forced to DD... goddammit. I'm usually not hell-bent on being faced, but tonight was the prime opportunity.

davenotdead 11.01.2009 03:18 AM

somehow my friend's band played at like the main all ages basement/place in the downtown area. so many high school girls in slutty disney princess outfits. jeebus. i had to get out of there.

davenotdead 11.01.2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

rollergirl whatttttt

pregaming it. for the last week.
that arm needs some ink.
happy halloween y'all.

tried to rep u. yada ydadad

phoenix 11.01.2009 04:46 AM

I wish hot teen witch with cleavage had showed up at my door.

walking the street I was on, were just groups of dressed up kids with dressed up mothers asking for candy on a holiday they should have celebrated in april, but since they don't know this, celebrate it in october. Luckily I was at a house that has a big big gate with just a buzzer, so I didn't even have to go to the door to say 'No'.

phoenix 11.01.2009 04:47 AM

I have a big kangaroo mascot costume in the house because han solo did a kids show today. Was denyed putting it on and taking pics though, because he'd get in trouble or something. The head kind of stinks anways.

nicfit 11.01.2009 05:55 AM

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 11.01.2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

rollergirl whatttttt

pregaming it. for the last week.
that arm needs some ink.
happy halloween y'all.

Yr turning into Ellen Page?

Satan 11.01.2009 09:06 AM

i don't know what you're talking about? how? i'm not pregnant in an orange shirt?

not so interestingly we have the same birthday

verme (prevaricator) 11.01.2009 10:01 AM

we didn't do much of the halloween thing, but we did went out to see peter murphy last night.

Dead-Air 11.01.2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
i so wanna be you one day....minus the kids.

That's kind of ironic, because the only part of me that totally rules for me right now is my son. You seriously wouldn't want to have a small superior version of yourself to listen to Sonic Youth and watch Sesame Street with? Having girls half one's age giving you the vibe is certainly nice for the ego, but the good feeling can't begin to compare to hearing Lennon string together sentences or watching him rock out to "Supernaut". Hell, if I hadn't had him to watch, I wouldn't have likely been home handing out candy and the whole post you refer to wouldn't have existed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
I wish hot teen witch with cleavage had showed up at my door.

It did definitely rule. I suppose every door in my neighborhood got the same thrill, but I do have Scratch to thank for giving her a reason to linger while bending down. My wife called from the bar around 10:30 supposedly to check on our son (uh-huh, our son who always goes to bed without any trouble around 8 pm...) and I told her the story.

Quote:

not so interestingly we have the same birthday

New York City is forever Kitty... I share the same birthday with both Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern myself. And you can ride all over me in your skates anytime you want; Slavo doesn't have to watch.

chicka 11.01.2009 11:12 AM

I had a great nite last nite as I lived my life vocariously
through Swa(y):D

Conrad 11.01.2009 11:30 AM