Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   If you had no hair, what would you do? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3476)

gmku 06.27.2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'd go skinhead and paint a black stripe in the middle of my skull.

wait, are we talking "head" hair or "body" hair?

Oddly enough, I'm getting more body hair as I get less head hair. I used to be a complete smoothy on my chest, stomach, and back. I don't have much on my back, thank God. Sometimes I shave my chest and stomach, especially in the summer if I'm swimming a lot. Better fluid dynamics, doncha know.

ploesj 06.27.2006 12:38 PM

id never shave off my hair although i hate it at times.. and i dont think ill go bald (as a girl).. and even if i was a boy i wouldnt go bald that quickly :p no one in my family got bald before his 50s

jon boy 06.27.2006 01:32 PM

i lost my hair very young. all i can say is dont grow it long at the sides and back and go against the grain and dont grow a beard like all the other baldies do.

LifeDistortion 06.27.2006 01:35 PM

If I ever start losing my hair I'll just shave it off completely. Go bald. Lot's of ladies dig that when the man chooses to shave off all his hair, as opposed to just looking like some guy with a really bad receding hairline, or doing the come over or forward.

DemonBox 06.27.2006 03:33 PM

As long as you dont choose the comb-over look.

hey alex 06.27.2006 04:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FweZeWCFkaA
or

and shoot some mad kamehameha

bytheriver 06.27.2006 04:33 PM

Go running, imagine the speeds you'll reach with that resistance cut down to nothing, just put your head down and fly like a bullet.

Pookie 06.27.2006 04:36 PM

I'm in my 40th year & have a full head of hair. My Dad is in his 60's & has a full head of hair & very few grey hairs. Sorry - this is starting to sound like gloating - not intended.

What I was going to say was that I would definitely go for the buzz if I did start to lose my fine lion's mane.

jon boy 06.27.2006 04:36 PM

acousticrock87 06.27.2006 04:38 PM

Actually, it's impossible to inherit baldness/hair...ness from your dad. It's 100% from your mom's side. My 10th grade science teacher told me that, and I was relieved as my mom's side of the family has very healthy hair. Not so with my dad's.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.27.2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Actually, it's impossible to inherit baldness/hair...ness from your dad. It's 100% from your mom's side. My 10th grade science teacher told me that, and I was relieved as my mom's side of the family has very healthy hair. Not so with my dad's.

How do you know if your mother has the gene or not? Her mother could have been a carrier and her brothers could have been lucky and got her other X.

mike7467 06.27.2006 04:46 PM

Started thinning in my mid-20s; buzzed it down to stubble; never went back. Dare I say, the best haircut I've ever had in my life. Also, I spend $20 a year on my hair (buying new buzzers and about one bottle of shampoo).

Pookie 06.27.2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87

"Hereditary hair loss or alopecia androgenetica is different from alopecia androgenica. The latter is not hereditary hair loss and mainly affects men and women in later years usually after the age of 50 and is caused by a combination of the hormone DHT and age. Hereditary hair loss is passed down just as much from the father's side of the family as the mother's side and could in some cases skip a generation."

luxinterior 06.27.2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'd go skinhead and paint a black stripe in the middle of my skull.

wait, are we talking "head" hair or "body" hair?

With your idea, I'm sure it could go either way.

jon boy 06.27.2006 04:57 PM

i lost mine through illness.

acousticrock87 06.27.2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
"Hereditary hair loss or alopecia androgenetica is different from alopecia androgenica. The latter is not hereditary hair loss and mainly affects men and women in later years usually after the age of 50 and is caused by a combination of the hormone DHT and age. Hereditary hair loss is passed down just as much from the father's side of the family as the mother's side and could in some cases skip a generation."

Okay, not impossible. But Cecil Adams is never wrong, or else I have nowhere to get things confirmed. :mad:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
How do you know if your mother has the gene or not? Her mother could have been a carrier and her brothers could have been lucky and got her other X.

Her father. I don't think it's a sure sign if he has hair, though. It's just not [as] useful to look at your own father for it.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 06.27.2006 06:50 PM

wear a lot of hats
or sharpie shit on my bald head

king_buzzo 06.28.2006 06:40 AM

buy a pink afro wig