Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ghosts (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24283)

Pookie 08.12.2008 06:34 AM

I just got back from the ruins of an old church. My daughter and I were telling each other ghost stories during the walk home.

I don't believe in ghosts but definitely see the appeal, both in terms of scary fun and the thought that we may live on after eath.

gmku 08.12.2008 06:35 AM

I don't care much for ghosts but I'd love to meet a vampire.

nicfit 08.12.2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i want to hear! tell us the stories when you can.

heh!
a short version of one of them is here .

the burnt down house looked a bit like this, but smaller.

al shabbray 08.12.2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i want to go there at night and do a photoshoot. that would be awesome.

when the short (experimental) film is done I can upload it to youtube, then you can watch some moving pictures at daytime and nighttime

we already roughcutted the footage a few weeks ago and there some pretty nice shots. I want it to be just a moodmovie, with some noise music, subliminal effects etc.
but the other 2 guys I am working with got a little different taste, they want it to be more "classical" but lets see how we could compromise at that

Kloriel 08.12.2008 08:24 AM

I love me some ghost

but i think i frighten them

jimbrim 08.12.2008 09:44 AM

I've always found it strange how people have never really claimed to see caveman ghosts, or dinosaur ghosts, or a ghost with a Man United shirt. It always seems to be small Victorian girls or monks.

Anyway, I'll believe in ghosts when I see one.

al shabbray 08.12.2008 09:52 AM

victorian girls rule!!!

schizophrenicroom 08.12.2008 05:32 PM

my childhood house had a lot of energy. i've been smacked in the face by a force when i'm the only one in the house, things being moved around, whistling and footsteps when i know no one in the house can whistle and there's no tv on. one night a few years back i had my bed cover clear yanked off and when i asked my family why they did that no one knew what i was talking about.

MellySingsDoom 08.12.2008 05:34 PM

nicfit - great story there!

EMMAh 08.12.2008 06:09 PM

I have never had an encounter with a ghost (that I know of anyway)

My one friend claims her house is haunted, and pretty much everyone in her family has seen it. I practically lived there though and never had a problem.

After her dad died, my other friend thought his ghost was haunting her house. Personally, I think she was just fucked up on drugs and upset.

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2008 10:00 PM

I really want to read that book.

paranormal stuff freaks me the fuck out, but I can't get enough out it. I would post some of my favorite paranormal pics but I'm too chicken shit at the moment

I read this book way too fucking much as a 1st-4th grader

Plus a shit ton of stuff on the Bell Witch and Haunted Tennessee and books on Vampire, Spirit, and Werewolve folklore.

acousticrock87 08.12.2008 10:13 PM

Folklore stuff can be scary too. I read some of the original Mothman book, and it's some freaky shit. The stuff about the "real" Men in Black is fuckin' creepy.

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2008 10:15 PM

The werewolves one wasn't as bad because most of the "werewolves" turned out to be madmen.

I was feeling brave and started to look for the ghost pics that freaks me out the most, but I can't (or don't want to) find it.
Fuck it. I'm not looking anymore. It's a b/w picture of a man and woman in the front seat of a car and in the back there is clearly an elderly woman in the back seat, supposedly the woman's mother who recently died.

Fuck sleeping tonite.

acousticrock87 08.12.2008 10:23 PM

I gave a speech in a class once on the existence/nonexistence of ghosts, and I learned how to make pictures of them with photoshop. It kinda took the novelty out of them, but they can still be scary. Especially at night. Even a clearly faked picture can scare the shit out of me.

I actually got one accepted by an pro-ghost website that taught how to tell if a picture was fake. I told them it was fake afterwords and they "thanked me for my honesty".

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2008 10:24 PM

Yeah, the newer ones don't frighten me. But this is like 50 years old and been circulated for years.

acousticrock87 08.12.2008 10:29 PM

The scariest one I ever saw was a really dark picture that barely looks like anything at first because it's so dark and small, but you can a little boy with unnaturally big eyes and a wide open mouth staring straight at the camera. Fake or not, it's fucking scary looking.

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2008 10:29 PM

Okay, motherfuck it, I found it. (I apologize for the swearing. This photo makes me feel like scared 4-year old)
I'm not posting it regularly because I don't want to see it.
http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/0/...t_ghost_lg.jpg

acousticrock87 08.12.2008 10:36 PM

Oh shit. I have to stop looking at this stuff.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...omfigure02.jpg

That's mine. It's most certainly fake, could even be from a movie for all I know, but it creeps me out every single time I look at it.

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2008 10:46 PM

Yeah, I haven't looked at any of this stuff in almost a year. I'm swearing it off again. Nothing messes with me like ghost pictures.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.12.2008 11:03 PM

This thread is awesome