Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what bands have you burnt out on? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2425)

shentov 05.31.2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Zeppelin for life!!!:D

being hippie is bad.

cuetzpalin 05.31.2006 10:02 AM

pixies, nirvana

h8kurdt 05.31.2006 10:47 AM

A lot of peoples are pretty much the same.
Mine along with a few people are
Nirvana
Pixies
Mudhoney (even though I do still love them)
Pantera were one but i'm getting back into them. Listening to far beyond driven 'tis awfully good.

nomadicfollower 05.31.2006 10:52 AM

I could never get burnt out on Zeppelin.
I'm nearly burnt out on Shellac.
Others: Ween, Modest Mouse, Don Caballero

Trasher02 05.31.2006 11:03 AM

I'm burnt out on qotsa and interpol...
Saturnine are you kidding i'm listening to dino jr alot lately :D

SugarLips 05.31.2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i have burnt out on all bands.

i hear ya :o especially in my car I have only radio workin frekin oldies stations and modern emo screamo crapo ..I swear at times it sux to the point listening to traffic is a pleasant better

h8kurdt 05.31.2006 11:09 AM

Oh Zeppelin too.

I'm getting back into Queen after burning them out a while ago though.

elix it 05.31.2006 11:12 AM

Sonic Youth.

I haven't listened to them in a long, long time.

schizophrenicroom 05.31.2006 11:28 AM

zeppelin.

Richard Pryor on Fire 05.31.2006 11:30 AM

Nirvana, Pixies, and Nation of Ulysses 13 point program to destroy america, plays pretty for baby is still cool though.

luxinterior 05.31.2006 11:49 AM

With Sonic Youth, I think I overplayed them. And after seeing them live twice, I just can't get excited about it again, so I probably won't be seeing them this summer. But you know, when I saw them those two times, both times I felt compelled to do so not just out of excitement but also because, let's face it, they are getting a tad old. The fact that they have families and kids and whatnot only made me more paranoid over the possibility that any tour they go on now could be their last. I know that's lame and it sounds like I'm talking about the Rolling Stones or something, but I wouldn't have that feeling if they were still young. Anyway, after I see a band live, I have a tendency to stop listening to them so frequently. I don't know why though, it just happens that way.

But you know, last year I thought I had finally burnt out on David Bowie and didn't listen to him for the remainder of that year, which is a big deal to me. By the time the year was up, I was back to wanting to listen to him.

jon boy 05.31.2006 12:08 PM

sometimes i have too much to listen to. like i buy or download or am given so much music i just cant listen to it all thoroughly and enjoy it which generally sucks so i just find myself listening to less and less.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.31.2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laila
i just realized that i haven't listened to led zeppelin since i was in 11th grade! so i tried listening to it today and it was really annoying. i know it's good music but i just can't bring myself to listen to it anymore. i think it's because zeppelin was all i listened to in 11th grade and when i put it on now it brings back memories of that time. but plant's voice is pretty annoying too. also nirvana i can't listen to it or look at kurt anymore without wanting to throw up or cry or frown. I think those are the only two bands that i absolutely can't listen too, but there are others but not as bad as these two. what are yours?

Woah. Laila this is really wierd. I was burnt out on Led Zeppelin, and guess what I have been listening to today?

I'm burnt out on the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and VU.

umjammer atomsk 05.31.2006 01:24 PM

I'm burnt out on nirvana and interpol. I don't ever want to listen to them again right now.

Laila 05.31.2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Tell that to your avatar, thing might put you or someone in a seizure.

yeah i know. i put that there cause i was trying to see if it would be annoying, but i don't really look at my avatar so it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

krastian 05.31.2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shentov
being hippie is bad.

Hippie, peace punk....blah blah, I've heard it all. I'm just a dude.

cuetzpalin 05.31.2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Hippie, peace punk....blah blah, I've heard it all. I'm just a dude.

yeah:D

acousticrock87 05.31.2006 03:29 PM

I've never liked Led Zeppelin. Nirvana only for a very short time. Though I think the Nirvana Unplugged album is excellent.

I've burnt out on the entire hardcore/metal genres.

Laila 05.31.2006 03:36 PM

oh yes the unplugged album is a good one! but it has sort of a depressing tone to it, but i think that's what he was going for.

king_buzzo 05.31.2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Zeppelin for life!!!:D

zeppelins amazign

kiss
i used to like them and i dont know why but now i hate them.