Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New York, New York - Smart Girl/Boy's Guide to TEH CITY (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104344)

!@#$%! 01.07.2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha yeah. It's the veal goulash at 3am factor, though. I don't care where you're from, that's just great.

ha ha ha-- true-- a hot hearty meal at 3am drunk is priceless, and they're not a bad place at all. they have good starchy breakfasts too.

demonrail666 01.07.2014 06:57 PM

Another good bar is Otto's Shrunken Head, in Alphabet City. Kind of a tiki-punk vibe. Guaranteed you'll hear at least one Cramps song while you're there.

Edit: Hang on, is Pony even 21?

!@#$%! 01.07.2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Another good bar is Otto's Shrunken Head, in Alphabet City. Kind of a tiki-punk vibe. Guaranteed you'll hear at least one Cramps song while you're there.

she may act 12, but for all we know, she could be an old man. no matter. assume anything because this thread is fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
i am the young-girl
help!!!

http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showpos...postcount=3312

pony 01.07.2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

I know it's hard to believe, but I am over 21
yay bars!

jennthebenn 01.07.2014 07:25 PM

And yet she seeks no advice for Maryland/DC. Hmph.

pony 01.07.2014 07:26 PM

cause i know i'll have my homies with me, duh????

jennthebenn 01.07.2014 07:27 PM

!@#$%! 01.07.2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennthebenn
And yet she seeks no advice for Maryland/DC. Hmph.

FEED HER SCRAPPLE.

pony 01.07.2014 07:29 PM

feed me love! and cocktails. and snoopy pizza.
we'll make snoopy pizza. YES.

!@#$%! 01.07.2014 07:33 PM

fuckin shit. dc.

pony 01.08.2014 06:09 AM

^thank you! I will take your advice to heart, every time I lose something I feel like dying and cry for days. So your advice is probably good... being cautious !!
good thing i learned on nye that a bra is the best wallet in the world haha

pony 01.08.2014 07:21 AM

I think I'm gonna go there: http://thestonenyc.com/

!@#$%! 01.08.2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
This thread is actually getting me down a little, as NYC's changed so much since I first fell in love with her that there's little reason for me to go back there anymore.

that's what happens to me w/ dc, except for friends who still live there and some places like the hirshhorn.

demonrail666 01.08.2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

^thank you! I will take your advice to heart, every time I lose something I feel like dying and cry for days. So your advice is probably good... being cautious !!
good thing i learned on nye that a bra is the best wallet in the world haha

Quite honestly, if you just take the same very basic security measures that you would at home, you should be fine. My experience of NYC in recent years is that it's far safer now than most other cities of a similar size and stature. Caution is healthy but you certainly have no reason to feel paranoid about going out anywhere, especially in manhattan, day or night. IMO, the worst of NY is certainly no worse than parts of say London, or Berlin or Paris or any other major European city, and infinitely safer than most other big US cities. Anyone can be mugged anywhere in the world but overall I'd say NYC is very safe. Certainly no need to put money in your bra, unless you get drunk and fall into Coyote Ugly, when someone will do it for you.

Just enjoy yourself to the max.

pony 01.09.2014 10:16 AM

you scared me! here in hamburg, i just throw my bag on the bar, have drinks and sometimes turn around to see if my bag's still there

tesla69 01.15.2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Bars I've been to and can recommend:

Subway Inn behind (I think) Bloomingdales

Its kind of down the street. About 10 years ago I took my idiot brother there to show him a dive bar, he of course had to try and make friends with the bar tender who you could tell wanted nothing to do with him. I'm like, order your beer and shut up! My other idiot (half) brother broke his parole on New Years Eve and is back in prison for 20 months.

Quote:

Veselka in the East Village - solid 24hr dinner/breakfast option

locals go to the Stage, about a block south, in fact, I think I'm stopping by there now on my way home!

tesla69 01.15.2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

you scared me! here in hamburg, i just throw my bag on the bar, have drinks and sometimes turn around to see if my bag's still there

Be scared! there is a whole industry around stealing these bags - some of the bags are worth 100's of dollars themselves.

gast30 01.16.2014 05:10 PM

a guide to the modern city
seen a modern tourist-help guide, like that
the TECH- experience is fun, wireles 4g network or what is it called
TECH-CITY

cryptowonderdruginvogue 01.17.2014 12:13 AM

Hit up Sly Fox if you go to Veselka on the corner of 2nd ave and 9th street
It's next door and one of my fav dives in Manhattan

What neighborhood are you living in?
I can hit you up with spots in yr hood

pony 01.17.2014 08:13 AM

thanks!