Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   hey!/*-/*-/-*/-/*-/-//--**-.. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=198)

truncated 03.23.2006 04:42 PM

I never read the old thread - it was too goddamn long for me to keep clicking to the last page.

Go on, hex me!

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts"

HaydenAsche 03.23.2006 05:05 PM

Yeah, I too never visited the old thread.

schizophrenicroom 03.23.2006 06:42 PM

I read one page of the old thread, the first page.

Hip Priest 03.23.2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
I never read the old thread - it was too goddamn long for me to keep clicking to the last page.

Go on, hex me!

There's a link part way down page one that takes youto the second to last page. A bit of moaning was going on in that thread towards the end.

truncated 03.23.2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
There's a link part way down page one that takes youto the second to last page. A bit of moaning was going on in that thread towards the end.

Thanks Hip Priest, but now it is too late. I will merely feel like an interloper. Toilet & Bowels has destroyed my self-esteem, and I shall forever feel on the fringe.

Plus, I'm still too lazy to give a fuck.

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2006 09:04 PM

check out my Level 5 Hex

schizophrenicroom 03.23.2006 09:06 PM

hey

Phlegmscope 03.23.2006 09:07 PM

My temple knight has level 6 evil magic resistance!

golden child 03.23.2006 09:16 PM

im mad, i wanted to look at an old thread from way back called "thurston moore is a dinosaur"

its the one where atari goes shit balls on me. luckily we cool no, but i still wanted to read it! and lift some atari gold

i think they deleted it, come to think about it...

schizophrenicroom 03.23.2006 10:11 PM

Guys, how should I organize my bookmarks on Firefox? I mean all of the websites in the dropdown menu- I want to have them in some sort of alphabetical order, but I just deleted the 1000+ sites I had stored and I can't remember all that shit. Should I have it like this-

1. First site I usually look at each day as first bookmark
A.every link from here I read in ABC order
2. Second link
A. 1A

or.. just put down every site i know i look at more than others beforehand? I'm very OCD like this. The problem with my little list is it looks really jarring- it's ABC order, but the sites in between the ordered ones throws it off.

oldmantruth 03.23.2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
Yeah it's a shame you board elders can't play elitist, since some n00b stole yr thread.

Actually, it's kind of a pathetic attempt to steal some of the cred of the old board by people that mostly (or entirely) didn't post in the long thread. hahaha. I agree wholeheartedly with the shit-man, a pox on this thread. haha

Inhuman 03.23.2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated

Go on, hex me!

Yeah exactly. It's not necessarily a bad thing that this is recreated in the new forum IMO, it should just represent the same idea whilst making it easier to browse.

stirling 03.23.2006 11:12 PM

Every forum needs a neverending thread.

schizophrenicroom 03.23.2006 11:51 PM

Indeed.

chabib 03.23.2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
its not the same alas. you can jump right to the end of any thread now.

i think i can figure out a way to turn that off for this thread only.

schizophrenicroom 03.24.2006 12:01 AM

Ahh, please don't.

HaydenAsche 03.24.2006 12:06 AM

I say do it. It would make it more fun.

John Violence 03.24.2006 12:15 AM

Well I better post here now before it becomes the endless mountain.

I got a Hendrix Fuzz Wah and A Big Muff Fuzz pedal today. Looks like im gonna have to crank out Kracked for a couple days straight.

Richard Pryor on Fire 03.24.2006 01:52 AM

I was the second person to reply to the last hey */*/*/... trying to console Smiless girl... I miss old boardies, I've been on this thing for 4 years maybe more.

oldmantruth 03.24.2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
i think i can figure out a way to turn that off for this thread only.

Chris, It looks a bit like a futile effort. This forum actually uses an understandable method for generating URLs. So, even without a link to the end, it'd be pretty easy to find the end.

Personally, I kinda' think the folks trying to make this an "neverending thread" don't seem to get that you can't recreate the past. Every moment has it's own particular magic, and once that moment's gone, it's time to move on.

In this case it's time to move on...make something unique here, instead of trying to recreate what was unique there.