Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Did you like Sonic Nurse? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1474)

HaydenAsche 05.03.2006 03:41 PM

Meh. Wasn't that great.

samuel 05.03.2006 04:15 PM

I think every Sonic Youth album is great. So, overall, yeah it's great.

SonikJesus 05.03.2006 04:28 PM

Right now, this is my favorite SY album. Every song is good. My favorites are New Hampshire and Pattern Recognition.

Hip Priest 05.03.2006 05:07 PM

Great stuff, of course.

RockerNino 05.03.2006 06:31 PM

i love you golden blue is one of my fav kim songs. thurstons songs were great too. stones is one of the best intro instrumentals.

Neongod 05.03.2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockerNino
stones is one of the best intro instrumentals.

I used to think that too until I heard Pink Steam.

Oh yeah, and as for the poll, love Nurse.

youthoftomorrow 05.03.2006 07:10 PM

"New Hampshire" is among my fav SY tracks ever.

umjammer atomsk 05.03.2006 07:23 PM

i used to listen too it a ton but now i never seem to be in the mood. It's a really great album, my favorites being: pattern recognition, unmade bed, dripping dream, maraih carey and the arthur doyle hand cream, dude ranch nurse, new hampshire, paper cup exit... hell the entire album is pretty damn fantastic i say. I went to vegas a few years ago and this was all i listened too.

Neongod 05.03.2006 07:25 PM

The Dripping Dream is one of their best, IMO. It always makes my SY playlists.

alyasa 05.03.2006 08:21 PM

I loved the first 3 songs, and the last 2 songs; that is Pattern Recognition, Unmade Bed, Dripping Dream, I Love Golden Blue and Peace Attack. If the whole album consisted of these 5 songs, I would have voted it as great. By the way, Kim's songs on Dirty are among the best SY songs ever...

schizophrenicroom 05.03.2006 08:25 PM

I love the opening to Pattern Recognition.

kingcoffee 05.03.2006 10:21 PM

O hell yeah!! Sonic Nurse was a truly great album. It had some soft spots, but it really held together pretty well. It has some of the best SY peices in quite some time. Jim really added a nice little somethin' or other to spice up the sound. It's abrassive and melodic at the same time. It's easily one of my top 5 SY albums. Which is hard, becuz Sonic Youth have so many good albums.

Everyneurotic 05.03.2006 10:26 PM

love the fucking piece of shit

i'll expand:
i love the opening riffs, love the how the ending of pattern segues so well into unmade bed and these two being completely different songs; i love the dripping dream so fucking much!!! the music throughtout and the arrangement mainly; mariah is pretty cool, just like that. i love stones a whole fucking lot!! (the music again and the intensity of the chorus). i love the austerity and rockness of new hampshire; i'm not that crazy about dude ranch nurse (probably my least favorite sy song) or paper cut exit. then golden blue is marvelous and peace attack has this stillness, this (to sort of borrow a song title from pink floyd) unconfortably numbness to it, it's so opposite to sonic youth that's amazing, plus the lyrics are the best on the record.

i'm also now realizing that nurse doesn't make so much choruswise for me, and this is supposed to be one of sy's poppiest records.

hey alex 05.03.2006 10:38 PM

this and the 'do you like sonic youth' thread were momentary mind fuck

Society_In_My_Hole 05.03.2006 11:05 PM

It's Great

I listened to it last night in a long time and didn't skip a song.

candymoan 05.04.2006 02:33 AM

mellow when compared to my favorite SY albums..
not really interested in the "jam band" feel..

but a great album nonetheless..

i miss the times when i could loop entire albums for weeks.. now, i just have that kind ıf time.. i always look forward to listen to an album from sonic youth..

a very introverted experience..

samoht 05.04.2006 04:55 AM

my least favorite sy album ever. there are some good songs on it, but the recycling of old riffs and the terrible mixing/mastering ruins it for me.

Kannibal 05.04.2006 05:32 AM

letdown... sorry people.

finding nobody 05.04.2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neongod
The Dripping Dream is one of their best, IMO. It always makes my SY playlists.

yes, i agree

a caught shadow, in sex medow. little darlin's discribe the scene

doesn't get much better than that

sonic sphere 05.04.2006 06:15 AM

i like it it's a damn good album, not my favourite sy album but still real good