Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   is there something i can take where i won't have think about sex anymore? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35215)

girlgun 10.11.2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Buspar.

it really doesn't cause increased libido. it's one of those bullshit things they are forced to report because one person said it did. it's the same reason that every single drug in the PDR "can cause nausea"

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 07:02 PM

I can't really tell either way, but it certainly hasn't decreased it at all. Which is what I want!

Dead-Air 10.11.2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I can't really tell either way, but it certainly hasn't decreased it at all. Which is what I want!

Zoloft might be the way to go if you're serious then. Nearly everyone I know who took that had a noticeable decrease. Paxil too.

Honestly, though, I hope you're not serious. If you stopped being a horndog, you'd probably end up making new age or prog-fusion rock next.

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 07:17 PM

Prog-fusion... How'd you know that was the direction I was going in?

girlgun 10.11.2009 07:20 PM

i've taken absolutely everything and effexor is the one that will destroy your libido. the others one, yeah.... but effexor is by far the worst.

Inhuman 10.11.2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
i've taken absolutely everything and effexor is the one that will destroy your libido. the others one, yeah.... but effexor is by far the worst.

I've heard nightmares about it. I was on it for two months, and the first day on it was the best day ever. I never got another high after that, and it just made me extremely tired for two months. Caffeine did nothing, I'd have 4 coffees and pass out. Other than that, no other symptoms.

How was it for you other than the libido destruction?

HaydenAsche 10.11.2009 07:26 PM

Anti-psychotic meds will make you fat and your dick broke.

Also it's real hard to get an erection with tweak dick.

girlgun 10.11.2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I've heard nightmares about it. I was on it for two months, and the first day on it was the best day ever. I never got another high after that, and it just made me extremely tired for two months. Caffeine did nothing, I'd have 4 coffees and pass out. Other than that, no other symptoms.

How was it for you other than the libido destruction?

i hated it. it didn't make me tired though. when i would have a down spell... i would plummet... probably far worse than had i never been on anything to begin with.

effexor and paxil were both BIIIITCHES to come off. i got off effexor 5 years ago and swore to god i'd never take another antidepressant/SSRI... i got back on wellbutrin about 6 weeks ago. despite that, i am not having nice thoughts today.

HaydenAsche 10.11.2009 07:49 PM

Wellbutrin is the devil. Zoloft works for me. I'm a zombie but at least I don't feel like dying.

phoenix 10.11.2009 07:50 PM

I've never had an antidepressant actually decrease my want to have sex, only my ability to actually get off.

Astonic this is a serious q, what about taking a holiday to somewhere, you have the funds. Like a 'retreat' and rehab for yr mind. Somewhere nice and isolated and spiritual. You seem like you could use it.

girlgun 10.11.2009 07:52 PM

zoloft is fucking laziest of them all. i have shit to take care of. i can't just sit on a couch all day.

phoenix.. that's really good advice.

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 08:01 PM

I just took an iggy plop.

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 08:02 PM

Thanks for the advice though, everyone.

DeadDiscoDildo 10.11.2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Wellbutrin is the devil. Zoloft works for me. I'm a zombie but at least I don't feel like dying.

Does wellbutrin fuck with yr libido? I was on that for a few years but I wasnt really getting any, I took it now and then to try and help quit smoking but Im not sure...could explain a few weird encounters...

zinc seemed to do the trick haha

I got prescribed wellbutrin for ADD btw, bunhc of bull shit

girlgun 10.11.2009 08:28 PM

wellbutrin is an SSRI so it can cause sexual dysfunction, but it has lesser incidence than the rest of the SSRIs.

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 08:28 PM

I was on welbutrin too, it was just weird.

AMITRIPALINE is good if you want to not only never think about sex but want to just be fucked-up all day. It's.. weird.

girlgun 10.11.2009 08:31 PM

amitriptyline doesn't make you feel fucked up all day. it completely sedates the fuck out of you. YOU'RE SO SLEEPY YOU'RE IN A COMA.

i started out taking 25 mg ... slept for 2 days. i ended up on 200 mg. (it blocks headaches which is why i was on it). it also kill you dead if you overdose. it also makes you gain weight. isn't that nice?

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 08:32 PM

It fucked me up. I burned like dye was injected inside me, then I slept, and when I got up, it was like I had the worst hangover ever times ten. It SUCKED.

atsonicpark 10.11.2009 08:33 PM

Jesus.. an overdose on that shit would be the worst, holy fuck..

girlgun 10.11.2009 08:35 PM

it's just so so so so sedating. right after i graduated from high school... an acquaintance and the son of the governor at the time killed himself by taking nortriptyline (nearly the same drug).