Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   hi guys (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35267)

terriblecanyons 10.14.2009 06:58 PM

<3 u satanas. I hope everything is all okay with the fam.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.14.2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan

it was soooo cool being put under when they did my teeth

yr waaaaaaay to into drugs my dear..

gmku 10.14.2009 07:01 PM

There is nothing wrong with drugs. Anybody who says otherwise can go spend the winter with Nancy Reagan. OMG, I've forgotten how to spell the ex-president's last name! Is that it, Reagan, or is it Regan. Fuck me!

Satan 10.14.2009 07:15 PM

theres nothing wrong with drugs!
i was fucked up and called my grandma and she said i should take pills all the time because it makes me so nice :p

way ahead of you grandma.

<3 you guys. all of you.

Seandi 10.14.2009 07:19 PM

Get "well" soon!

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 07:25 PM

When Plato says that what you hear does not come from what you see he is perfectly correct. The colors that are produced in your mind by a message from your optic nerve do not cause the sounds that you hear. The green is not in the grass, only in your mind. The grass absorbs various radio waves, and your eye picks up on the unabsorbed reflected waves. The green is your body's miraculous way of letting you know about the radio waves around you. You are actually experiencing a series of still pictures, approximately 24 per second. If they were significantly faster than that, you would experience a movie as a series of still pictures. You are active in this process, because you organize the raw sensations. This can be seen in a gestalt shift.

In everyday experience we are isolated people. All we relate to are the images that are in our minds. Zen Buddhists think we can have direct contact with the mysterious outside reality--not merely contact with images that those objects helped produced (satori)

knox 10.14.2009 07:39 PM

i was under local. so i could hear the whole thing. hear and see it being pulled and hammered. so much fun. hear my skull cracking. you dont get music like that, from the inside of your head.
very experimental.

then i saw my face covered in blood and laughed and laughed and laughed.

god i wanna schedule the other surgery so much now.

infinitemusic 10.14.2009 07:50 PM

Interesting

I can't relate, I've never had any work on my teeth at all

knox 10.14.2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitemusic
Interesting

I can't relate, I've never had any work on my teeth at all

do you have teeth?

davenotdead 10.14.2009 08:00 PM

i was knocked out immediately from the drugs. woke up in a chair, then my mom had to practically carry my stumbling ass into the car, lol. the ride home was a blur.

i was actually talking to my mom when they turned the juice on, and she was like, "you should lean your head back.." and i was like "nah, i'll be..." CONK

knox 10.14.2009 08:01 PM

i dont like being put to sleep, two reasons:

- way more risks involved.
- you miss all the fun.

infinitemusic 10.14.2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
do you have teeth?

The only thing I've had is cleaning. My teeth are really solid or something, I don't know. I've never had any cavities :)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.14.2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
When Plato says that what you hear does not come from what you see he is perfectly correct. The colors that are produced in your mind by a message from your optic nerve do not cause the sounds that you hear. The green is not in the grass, only in your mind. The grass absorbs various radio waves, and your eye picks up on the unabsorbed reflected waves. The green is your body's miraculous way of letting you know about the radio waves around you. This can be seen in a gestalt shift.

I used to trip people out in Socratic small talk bring up shit like the reality of colors.. on that note, its not green at all, but the all of the visible wavelength light radiation we call colors BUT green, as the object has absorbed the light of the other colors and reflected 'green' light. it is not green at all, it is every color BUT green..

Quote:

Zen Buddhists think we can have direct contact with the mysterious outside reality--not merely contact with images that those objects helped produced (satori)

read some of the Church Fathers canonical writings on Iconography and Iconostasis your above explanation is the Orthodox support for icons after the era of Iconoclasm.. If you combine Einstein with these kinds of supernatural philosophies you get an interesting picture of reality. There is no such thing as 'solid' at all, the so-called tangible world of ours is merely a product of our imagination, to make a lovely story out of all the chaotic sensory perception of the 'real' world..

The unfortunate side-effect of our modern scientific era is that unlike the days of Plato, today's great thinkers are terrified of religious or spiritual contemplation, and so produce deprived explanations that lack the poetry and life of the Classical Age..

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.14.2009 09:07 PM

ahh yes i remember getting mine out.
well, not really, but i remember waking up after and thinking "what the fuck happened?" then realising. I felt shit the rest of the day and my mouth was all numb and i was spilling soup all over my shirt because i couldn't feel where my mouth was.

i got panadeine forte for mine, which i traded for weed at school.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.14.2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth Gossip
which i traded for weed at school.

good times ;)

Dead-Air 10.14.2009 10:12 PM

I still have all of my wisdom teeth. I hope they are the last ones to go.

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 10:22 PM

I get cavities all the time. Fuck it.

Dead-Air 10.14.2009 10:27 PM

I've had one cavity in 42.75 years, and my old school dentist back then didn't even use novocaine, just tapped it with the drill and it was gone. I would have no other dental work except I bit on a rock in my hashbrowns a couple years ago and had to get a crown. I went like 8 years without going to a dentist too, and brush once a day and never floss. So when hippies go on about how flouride in the water is bad for you, I laugh in their faces. They had it in the water in Seattle when I was a kid.

DeadDiscoDildo 10.14.2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
When Plato says that what you hear does not come from what you see he is perfectly correct. The colors that are produced in your mind by a message from your optic nerve do not cause the sounds that you hear. The green is not in the grass, only in your mind. The grass absorbs various radio waves, and your eye picks up on the unabsorbed reflected waves. The green is your body's miraculous way of letting you know about the radio waves around you. You are actually experiencing a series of still pictures, approximately 24 per second. If they were significantly faster than that, you would experience a movie as a series of still pictures. You are active in this process, because you organize the raw sensations. This can be seen in a gestalt shift.

In everyday experience we are isolated people. All we relate to are the images that are in our minds. Zen Buddhists think we can have direct contact with the mysterious outside reality--not merely contact with images that those objects helped produced (satori)

WEIRD, I was just talking about this concept with my friend last night haha...

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.14.2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
good times ;)

gotta say it was a far more effective painkiller. took my mind off it without making me feel sleepy as fuck.