Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

Rob Instigator 10.27.2008 04:43 PM

what kind of music is that? the cover lookjs like coco rosie foppery

blunderbuss 10.27.2008 06:20 PM

stu666 10.27.2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Too bad vinyl sucks.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

mil_pl 10.29.2008 01:18 PM

noisereductions 10.29.2008 01:28 PM

viewtiful_alan 10.29.2008 09:46 PM

Just won this on ebay.

Pookie 10.30.2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan

Just won this on ebay.

Wow. You won it? You didn't have to pay?

Death & the Maiden 10.30.2008 04:54 AM

Ed Kuepper - Black Ticket Day

viewtiful_alan 10.30.2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Wow. You won it? You didn't have to pay?

Zing!
Well to be more accurate it was buy it now.
Still out of print/ a nice snag

al shabbray 10.30.2008 04:11 PM

happy as fuck, that I finally got a real copy (hopefully it will arrive tomorrow)

SYRFox 10.31.2008 01:58 PM

batreleaser 10.31.2008 02:03 PM

Just arrived in the mail, a shitload of amazing Noise vinyl. I usually don't buy much of this stuff but these all came highly reccomended by Volcanic Tongues, a site I find only second to Blastitude for reccomendations for Noise, Drone, wierd Folk, Psych, etc...

Tunnel Canary-Jihad 1974-84 Double LP; Amazing and underrated Canadian band from late 70s/early 90s. They filtered Mars-esque guitar Punk-Noise and Throbbing Gristle inspired Synths and Electronics to give it that Dark Industrial Squall. Very dark and heavy music even by today's standards. David Keenan/Volcanic Tongues said this about the band, "a music that would combine a fractured approach to sound collage with a ferocious take on improvised noise and psychedelia. The sound is dominated by Ziron’s incredible vocals, perfectly pitched between the furies of Adris Hoyos of Harry Pussy and Junko of Hijokaidan, leaping from machine gun barracking to high, feedback-style post-tongue wipe-outs. The actual sonics are some of the most a-musical - though rock focussed - sounds I�ve ever heard on a recording from this time period, barely coalescing from a constantly shifting bed of electronics, single bass notes (that almost never imply rhythms) and sudden explosions of sheet metal guitar� this deluxe retrospective gathers their one major ‘recording’ from the time, a collaged piece take from portastudio recordings originally entitled “Erdang” that appeared on the cassette compilation “Stitching Small Tears”. I can't really describe it better.

Junko and Mattin-S/T LP; Junko is known from Hijokaidan, and Mattin is from European Avant Punk Nihilists Billy Bao. A very unlikely yet bery inspipred collaborations from two Noise psychos; one a legend of the genre who has been destroying ears since the early 80s, and one who is just starting to pulverize the world through his unique sonic vision. Very simple recording. Junk proviides his fractured, noisey howl and Mattin gives us squealing electronics and guitar. I really like this.

The Skaters-Pysicialities of the Sensibilities of Ingredential Stairways; More Amazing Sonically Assaulting Space-Psych Noise from the logical heirs to Sun Ra's throne.

jimbrim 11.01.2008 04:42 PM

awesome

This Is Not Here 11.01.2008 06:24 PM

and

also

viewtiful_alan 11.01.2008 09:31 PM

On ebay:

(a complete set of the 5 "da drought is over" mixtapes)

The Earl Of Slander 11.01.2008 10:00 PM

In New York:

On Vinyl:

Flower Travellin' Band - Satori

Silver Jews - American Water

Rapeman - Two Nuns and a Pack Mule

TV on the Radio - Dear Science

The Earl Of Slander 11.01.2008 10:01 PM

On CD:

Les Rallizes Denudes - Live March 1977 (2CD)

Takehisa Kosugi - Catch-Wave

The Modern Lovers - s/t

Brian Eno - Before and After Science

Yo La Tengo - Painful

Miles Davis - The Complete 1964 Concert: My Funny Valentine + Four & More (2CD)

Wayne Shorter - Footprints Live!

Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane - At Carnegie Hall

Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson and John Zorn - Live at The Stone (bought at The Stone, following one of the best gigs of my life, a performance by Trevor Dunn, Enzo Zirilli and Robert Sudduth)

Now I just need the time to listen to them all...

greedrex 11.02.2008 03:37 AM

^^^the Silver Jews, Yo La and Rapeman are great, + it's sexy wax!!! good job dude.
I hear the last improv thingy with Lou Reed is a killer also.