Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café II (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86627)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
I think it was Spin that just ran an op-ed comparing Kanye to Pink Floyd? It made a lot of sense, except Kanye is a lot better

Dude, really? Meh.

Severian 05.29.2013 07:45 PM

Today "Everything I Am" brought me dangerously close to tears. No clue why, really. I was sitting in backed up traffic waiting for a train to cross and it just kinda hit me. I turned it way the fuck up. Thinking back, probably looked like quite a prick with my loosed tie and button down work shirt. Driving a Subaru and everything.

If I ever met my past self, I'd be in for an ass kicking.

noisereductions 05.29.2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Today "Everything I Am" brought me dangerously close to tears. No clue why, really. I was sitting in backed up traffic waiting for a train to cross and it just kinda hit me. I turned it way the fuck up. Thinking back, probably looked like quite a prick in my loosed tie and button down work shirt. Driving a Subaru and everything.

that song always gets me. It's so awesome. (Also you describe every day of my commute haha)

--> A while back someone here said they preferred Section 80 to Good Kid. I still disagree, but dammit, Section 80 is truly incredible as well.

louder 05.29.2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Today "Everything I Am" brought me dangerously close to tears. No clue why, really. I was sitting in backed up traffic waiting for a train to cross and it just kinda hit me. I turned it way the fuck up. Thinking back, probably looked like quite a prick with my loosed tie and button down work shirt. Driving a Subaru and everything.

i can listen to that and "The Glory" back to back for ages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
that song always gets me. It's so awesome. (Also you describe every day of my commute haha)

--> A while back someone here said they preferred Section 80 to Good Kid. I still disagree, but dammit, Section 80 is truly incredible as well.

yeah man, i've been a fan since i heard "HiiiPower".. then Section 80 dropped and i was mindblown.

louder 05.29.2013 10:35 PM

"people talk so much shit about me at barbershops, they forget to get their haircut"

i'm glad that Common decided to pass on that beat.

louder 05.29.2013 10:47 PM

i think of Graduation as the album Kanye made for the people, every song is built to be a stadium anthem, it's his most accessible and so UPLIFTING, which is so fucking rare these days. i could think of perhaps 4 or 5 uplifting albums since the beginning of this millennium's music, all genres considered. while 808's & Heartbreak seems to me like the polar opposite twin; an album he made completely for himself, where he also went all out with his 80's Synthpop obsession. and i love both too much of course.

h8kurdt 05.30.2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

this you?

Severian 05.30.2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt

this you?

Imagine him near tears at a Ye track, and you're scarily close (seriously).

noisereductions 05.30.2013 08:06 AM

me sev are bros from another mo.

louder 05.30.2013 08:21 AM

June 18 is gonna be such a great day. both J. Cole and Mac Miller set their albums to drop at the same day as Yeezus so they can compete with Ye.

Cole's new album will feature TLC, Lauryn Hill and Frank Ocean. Mac's album will feature Earl, Tyler, Schoolboy, Ab-Soul, Action Bronson and possibly fucking JAY ELECTRONICA.

louder 05.30.2013 08:33 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OHyn10aVB3E

that track should be a banger.

Bytor Peltor 05.30.2013 12:35 PM

Oh hell yes: http://www.thefader.com/2013/05/15/d...ol-ii-mixtape/

louder 05.31.2013 01:46 PM

Gucci Mane Records Song With Marilyn Manson, Announces "MR.GUWOP" LP

"Fancy Bitch" was recorded after the Los Angeles premier of the film "Spring Breakers" and may be included on the rapper's forthcoming album.

Gucci Mane and Marilyn Manson have recorded a song together, which may be included on the rapper's forthcoming MR.GUWOP album that the rapper announced on Twitter today. "Fancy Bitch" features a hook written by Mason and a rap verse by the rocker, too, according to TheFader.com.

The pair recorded the track March 14 after the Los Angeles premier of Spring Breakers, the film starring James Franco, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens that arrived in theaters March 22. Gucci portrays Archie in the film, marking his first role in a major motion picture.

Gucci and Manson worked on the song until 6 am after enjoying the Spring Breakers screening. "After we did the red carpet and watched the movie, me and him went to the studio and made us a record," Gucci says in the interview with The Fader. "That’s the day that we met and began being friends. He’s cool as hell. I fuck with him hard. He ain’t the averagest white boy. He got swag. Me and him together, he don’t get on my nerves. I can stomach being around him. He cool."

Gucci revealed interest in Mason in 2009 when he rapped on the song "Overboard," "In my mansion / Listening to Marilyn Manson." Mason has appeared with high-profile rappers before. He collaborated with DMX on "The Omen" in 1998 and with Eminem two years later on an alternate version of "The Way I Am."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...es-mr-guwop-lp

noisereductions 05.31.2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
Gucci Mane Records Song With Marilyn Manson, Announces "MR.GUWOP" LP

"Fancy Bitch" was recorded after the Los Angeles premier of the film "Spring Breakers" and may be included on the rapper's forthcoming album.

Gucci Mane and Marilyn Manson have recorded a song together, which may be included on the rapper's forthcoming MR.GUWOP album that the rapper announced on Twitter today. "Fancy Bitch" features a hook written by Mason and a rap verse by the rocker, too, according to TheFader.com.

The pair recorded the track March 14 after the Los Angeles premier of Spring Breakers, the film starring James Franco, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens that arrived in theaters March 22. Gucci portrays Archie in the film, marking his first role in a major motion picture.

Gucci and Manson worked on the song until 6 am after enjoying the Spring Breakers screening. "After we did the red carpet and watched the movie, me and him went to the studio and made us a record," Gucci says in the interview with The Fader. "That’s the day that we met and began being friends. He’s cool as hell. I fuck with him hard. He ain’t the averagest white boy. He got swag. Me and him together, he don’t get on my nerves. I can stomach being around him. He cool."

Gucci revealed interest in Mason in 2009 when he rapped on the song "Overboard," "In my mansion / Listening to Marilyn Manson." Mason has appeared with high-profile rappers before. He collaborated with DMX on "The Omen" in 1998 and with Eminem two years later on an alternate version of "The Way I Am."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...es-mr-guwop-lp

that's hot.

BTW, the Spring Breakers sndtrk has been getting a lot of play from me the past month.

Severian 06.01.2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

This tape is a huge step forward from the first volume. I really think we have a potential next big thing here.

louder 06.01.2013 11:33 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPHqtKzzLWk

if you didn't respect Riff Raff before, this great interview might change your mind.

louder 06.02.2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
that one talkative interviewer needs his fucking ass kicked. he's seems like a half-breed racist.

yeah that interviewer sucks, but Riff Raff dealt with the situation nicely. he's just out there doing him trying to make a lot of money and have a lot of women. i can relate. :confused:

louder 06.02.2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
that's hot.

BTW, the Spring Breakers sndtrk has been getting a lot of play from me the past month.

i'm just listening to that soundtrack. really like what i'm hearing.

Severian 06.02.2013 03:14 PM

Why fuck up a perfectly good Gucci song with a rapping Marilyn Manson? Sounds like a waste of studio time to me.

noisereductions 06.02.2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
i'm just listening to that soundtrack. really like what i'm hearing.

yeah dood great hot weather album. The mix of Skrillex, ambient score stuff and Waka n Gucci is so awesome.