Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Sonic Youth 37 08.31.2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
while i'm no roman professor, i know the show isn't perfect, but it's visually stunning and well-acted that any historal discrepancy doesn't bother me.

i never got too into either, but i watched on occasion and carnivale is a neat show. deadwood is too.. masculine for me. i can't explain it.

I love historical inaccuracy. So, it's right up my alley. The other two shows seem like they'd be fun to watch.

schizophrenicroom 08.31.2008 12:17 AM

they did get the whole assassination of caesar right and fit in the characters that, while they were real, not major players as the show has them be really well.

carnivale is trippy, but i've had this thing for circuses since i was little. it's kind of my silly dream to run away with one and become an acrobat.

EMMAh 08.31.2008 09:34 AM

Pet Sematary

Great movie, had the exact mood I was looking for.

boy_howdy 08.31.2008 09:49 AM

favorite movie: DAS BOOT

Sonic Youth 37 08.31.2008 06:24 PM

atsonicpark 08.31.2008 06:26 PM

Just watched mo' money. Uh, dunno how to rate it, 5/10? I laughed a couple of times.

atari 2600 08.31.2008 07:53 PM

suddenly have the urge to watch Manhattan Murder Mystery...so I have that going

!@#$%! 08.31.2008 10:13 PM

fuck yeah, nice job, starts a little annoying (too much narration), picks up in the middle and doesn't fuck up from then on.

a nice little variation on the dual-woman theme that woody allen likes so much, but not as contrived as melinda & melinda.

the cinematography was good but the film has this weird yellow color thoughout-- not sure what film stock they used but it gave it a strange look almost like old home movies, as if the movie had been "aged" before showing.

anyway, great fun, and i kept waiting for scarlett's tits to pop out from under the sheets ha ha ha-- they are lovely.

but the movie-- good! not his best of recent times, match point stays at the top of his latest batch for me. but javier bardem kicks ass as an actor. and scarlett's tits, well-- you know.

Sonic Youth 37 08.31.2008 10:22 PM

3 Ninjas again.

✌➬ 08.31.2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

fuck yeah, nice job, starts a little annoying (too much narration), picks up in the middle and doesn't fuck up from then on.

a nice little variation on the dual-woman theme that woody allen likes so much, but not as contrived as melinda & melinda.

the cinematography was good but the film has this weird yellow color thoughout-- not sure what film stock they used but it gave it a strange look almost like old home movies, as if the movie had been "aged" before showing.

anyway, great fun, and i kept waiting for scarlett's tits to pop out from under the sheets ha ha ha-- they are lovely.

but the movie-- good! not his best of recent times, match point stays at the top of his latest batch for me. but javier bardem kicks ass as an actor. and scarlett's tits, well-- you know.

I so want to see this.

Sonic Youth 37 09.01.2008 12:50 AM

schizophrenicroom 09.01.2008 12:57 AM

ooh, good pick, josh.

Sonic Youth 37 09.01.2008 12:58 AM

All the praise goes to the good people at HBO Family.
And with that, I'm going to bed.

krastian 09.01.2008 07:52 AM

Worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

atari 2600 09.01.2008 08:25 AM

bardem sort of makes all the rest of the cast come off like crap, although cruz is okay.

i agree, not as good as match point, but worth seeing.

ALIEN ANAL 09.01.2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

OMG OMG OMG
WHEN DID THIS COME OUT
SO SHE IS NUDE? OH MAN

atari 2600 09.01.2008 08:44 AM

not that i remember...

al shabbray 09.01.2008 03:20 PM

BLOOD DIAMOND

I really wasnt prepared for that. Intense pictures, intense story. really hollywood, but in the way at least I appreciate it.

mil_pl 09.01.2008 04:41 PM

just being curious about 3D, movie sucks, few nice special effects only.

3/10

fugazifan 09.02.2008 08:14 AM

finally saw THE WILD BUNCH
fuck me what a great movie!