Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Rob Instigator 08.27.2008 12:25 PM

I enjoy Babe everytime I see it.
if they were to make animal farm using the same emthods it could scare a new gneration of children away from totalitarian thinking.

EMMAh 08.27.2008 12:42 PM

Babe is an awesome movie! It's so cute haha.

I love that all those people laugh at the guy when he brings Babe to heard the sheep, yet he holds his head high.

Bahhhh ram you!!

Also, Homeward Bound is good too.

fugazifan 08.27.2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I need to watch more. I haven't seen a damn thing besides GRizzly Man. I have all his movies queued though.

1st of all, dr strangelove is probbaly in the top ten movies of all time. one of the funniest most brilliant satires ever.

and secondofly, you need to see herzog films. everything i have seen by him is amazing
i have seen
the enigma of kasper hauser
stroyzek
worzek
even dwarves started small
grizzley man
fitzecarlado

im pretty sure that there is another one that im forgetting...

i think that you should see even dwarves started small. i think youd like that, its a bit more obscure than his other films...

Tokolosh 08.27.2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I need to watch more. I haven't seen a damn thing besides GRizzly Man. I have all his movies queued though.

You mean you haven't seen Klaus Kinski at his best?!?
His love/hate relationship with Hertzog was scary.

o o o 08.27.2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan

Aguirre???
If you haven't seen that one, you really need to...

"I am the great traitor. There must be no other. Anyone who even thinks about deserting this mission will be cut up into 198 pieces. Those pieces will be stamped on until what is left can be used only to paint walls. Whoever takes one grain of corn or one drop of water... more than his ration, will be locked up for 155 years. If I, Aguirre, want the birds to drop dead from the trees... then the birds will drop dead from the trees. I am the wrath of god. The earth I pass will see me and tremble. But whoever follows me and the river, will win untold riches. But whoever deserts..."

Tokolosh 08.27.2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

You probably mean^?

afterthefact 08.27.2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

i think that you should see even dwarves started small. i think youd like that, its a bit more obscure than his other films...

I'm watching this one tonight.

( I know, I said that before *)

Klaus is Kreepy.

*extra spaces. Why? I don't know.

noisereductions 08.27.2008 02:50 PM

and

Seen em both before numerous times, but they were good weekend picks.

davenotdead 08.27.2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
come on man touch of evil is fucking SUPREME

11/10

some of the acting wasn't so hot... the leads were great of course, it was some of the bit parts, like the crazy/retarded guy who was the nightwatchmen at the hotel, that was just lame.

maybe i shouldn't discount it as much because it is an older film, and the acting was different back then, but there are some films that avoid it, like Casablanca, for instance.

atsonicpark 08.27.2008 09:48 PM

Thinking about it for about 10 seconds, Death Proof is probably the worst film I've ever seen in my life.

!@#$%! 08.27.2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
some of the acting wasn't so hot... the leads were great of course, it was some of the bit parts, like the crazy/retarded guy who was the nightwatchmen at the hotel, that was just lame.

maybe i shouldn't discount it as much because it is an older film, and the acting was different back then, but there are some films that avoid it, like Casablanca, for instance.

that tracking shot at the beginning alone is enough to make me blow my load

tw2113 08.27.2008 11:10 PM

alteredcourse 08.27.2008 11:44 PM

I am crazy about this movie .

Rob Instigator 08.27.2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
it was some of the bit parts, like the crazy/retarded guy who was the nightwatchmen at the hotel, that was just lame.

you ever been to Juarez? or Albuquerque?

davenotdead 08.28.2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you ever been to Juarez? or Albuquerque?

no.

i just think that guy sucked as an actor. is all.... crispin glover could have killed that role, and then raped it, and then cum all over janet leigh's blouse with it.

drrrtyboots 08.28.2008 12:31 AM

Tropic Thunder. It was pretty funny, Robert Downey Jr. is great.

mil_pl 08.28.2008 04:09 AM

yeah, im waiting for this, in our cinemas at the end of september....

fugazifan 08.28.2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh

You probably mean^?

thats it!
good call!
fucking awesome movie.
kinski is so badass in his own silent thouughtful way

MellySingsDoom 08.28.2008 04:18 AM

"Aguirre des Zorn Gottes" is one of my all time fave films, period. I never ever get bored of watching that.

o o o 08.28.2008 04:33 AM

I love the final scene on the raft, with all the little monkeys running around...
The long opening sequence where they are walking up and down the mountain is also great.
And, well, so are a lot of other things in-between.