Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Sonic Youth 37 08.14.2008 11:35 PM

Not technically a movie, but funny as fuck, nonetheless.
"You must be crazier than a fish with titties..."

atsonicpark 08.15.2008 12:19 AM

hostel ii - 3/10

mil_pl 08.15.2008 10:56 AM

it was fucking amazing, strong movie. almost without computer effects.. this is the reason why i like this movie and batman begins.
8,5/10

fugazifan 08.16.2008 05:41 PM

i saw six movie over the weekend.
yesterday i saw amaya deren documentary about voodoo rituals in haiti. a really cool movie. great music and really interesting to see their different chants and rituals.

jean renoir- the grande illusion. really great movie.
then i saw devil wears prada at 4 am on cable at a friends house
a fish called wanda was on this afternoon. i never got tired of that movie.
then i saw iron man at the cinemateque. pretty good. but ther last line of the movie + the music during the closing credits was quite obvious.
then i saw deep red. amazing. i love argentos directing. he sets up the most beautiful shots. the most brilliant part of the movie is if you rewatch a certain scene ten minutes into it yhou can see who the killer is. the most brilliant part of it is that it is impossible to realize it unless you see the last scene. fucking brilliant-showing the killer but in a way that no one will realize it.

atsonicpark 08.16.2008 06:17 PM

That's what's great about all those early Argento films. All of his main characters usually have a vision problems or they can't remember a crucial detail of the crime they saw, stuff like that. Brilliant shit.

!@#$%! 08.17.2008 12:56 AM

cronenberg fucking RULES

atsonicpark 08.17.2008 07:17 AM

...ahem.

Cronenberg top 10:

1. Videodrome
2. Dead Zone
3. Dead Ringers
4. Crash
5. Scanners
6. Naked Lunch
7. Rabid
8. History of Violence
9. Existenz
10. Eastern Promises

al shabbray 08.17.2008 07:43 AM

need to watch more cronenberg too. really like his interpretation of naked lunch. but its a bit too long, or to say it better it progresses too slow I think.
but kinda it fits the style.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
My Argento top 10 :)

1. Tenebre
2. Deep Red
3. Opera
4. Bird with the Crystal Plumage
5. Suspiria
6. Four Flies on Grey Velvet
7. Cat O'Nine Tails
8. Phenomena
9. Stendhal Syndrome
10. Inferno

man from which directors you got NO top 10? that doesnt mean I really wanna know I would prefer if you post all your top 10. need some inspiration on what to watch in 10 hours :)

atsonicpark 08.17.2008 07:47 AM

Haha, directors without 10 films I guess? People are shocked by this but I watch movies almost every day and have for 22 years... so it's not that crazy. I've been lucky to have been around horror and experimental films for almost my whole life.

Also, I have OCD... if I get into a band or director or writer or video game developer or whatever, I gotta experience as much as I can...

al shabbray 08.17.2008 07:50 AM

the same way as I do it.
I am like a sponge when it comes to something I really like, I wanna know everythign about its creator including it other works.

but there is somethign like a priority scale to keep me sane and not burst because of things I wanna experience.

when it comes to movies : lynch
when it come to books : burroughs
when it comes to games : grasshopper (or old school genesis shit)

but on the places beneath everything is going wild

btw for what does OCD stand for?

_slavo_ 08.17.2008 07:51 AM

A very good movie, a collection of 6 short stories, each one directed by a different Eastern-European director (from Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, etc).

!@#$%! 08.17.2008 08:47 PM

fucking a right, awesome, so fucking awesome-- fruit chan, chanwook part and miike all in 3 short movies put together. oh fuck yeah. bai ling as hot as it gets. park's movie starts with a fucking great tracking shot and moves to some beautiful cinematography. shit fuck, this was fucking great, i dont know where to begin. im re-watching.

sensitive boys and philosophical potheads may go "whoa maaaaan", but for me it was meh-- talky as fuck, the narrator wont shut the fuck up. but the girls were pretty, so it was watchable.

✌➬ 08.17.2008 08:53 PM

The Bridge, wow.

EMMAh 08.17.2008 08:58 PM

Some movie about a kid growing up, being really poor.

I was only half watching it though, my mom was the one who had it on. So yeah, I dunno the name.

EMMAh 08.17.2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ✌➬
The Bridge, wow.

Oh, nice. You're watching it :D

✌➬ 08.17.2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Oh, nice. You're watching it :D

I finished watching it, it was some sort of awakening.

EMMAh 08.17.2008 09:08 PM

Did watching those people jump give you the creeps?

It's pretty sad that people give up the easily :( Listening to their families was probably the worst part about the whole thing.

✌➬ 08.17.2008 09:09 PM

It was chilling watching the people jump. I found disturbing the guy with the camera, how close he got to that girl.

EMMAh 08.17.2008 09:23 PM

I just find it weird that he didn't do anything sooner, you know? Like I'm all for getting a good picture and all, but...

At least he ended up getting her back over the railing. Maybe she got some help.