Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.05.2010 11:45 AM

Doshin the Giant's another one that I've always wanted to play. You guys depress me when you post about all these rare ass games you're playing.

noisereductions 11.05.2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Doshin the Giant's another one that I've always wanted to play. You guys depress me when you post about all these rare ass games you're playing.

it wasn't released in the US. You need to find the Europe version. And a way to play imports. Although I dont really think its good enough to import. Not as good as like Shikigami II, Radirgy or Star Soldier 2.5D

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.05.2010 11:52 AM

Like I said - depressing.

noisereductions 11.05.2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Like I said - depressing.

http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15230

EVOLghost 11.05.2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

You guys depress me when you post about all these rare ass games you're playing.

exactly! I feel like an idiot playing all this next gen shit.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.05.2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

I don't get it. Are you telling me to sell my shit? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
exactly! I feel like an idiot playing all this next gen shit.

I think it's awesome that you post about current gen shit. So few of us do. It's fucking 2010, and we all just had a big scuffle about GCN vs. PS2... f'real.

I really regret selling my Wii. Now I'm super depressed.

hevusa 11.05.2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
Re: Red Dead Redemption

Well, for one it was WAY too long. All the repetition would have been more tolerable if the length was cut in half. Second, the repetition was unbearable. There was basically one kind of quest for the entire insufferable 20 hours or whatever. And most importantly, the gameplay (what little there was) flat out sucked. Clumsy ass controls and you could get by the last mission just as easily as the first. Auto-aim shoot auto-aim shoot auto-aim shoot. There was nothing to really get better at. Heavy Rain, which is basically a 10-hour QTE had some kind of progression of difficulty and variety.

The music was really good, though!

To make it short: the content of a 3 hour game streeeeeetched to 20-25 hours isn't my style, really.

took me a week to complete. not that long.

noisereductions 11.05.2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

I don't get it. Are you telling me to sell my shit? :confused:

no I'm telling you to buy MY shit!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.05.2010 12:39 PM

Whoa! A controller extension cable for GC!?!? That actually sounds too cool to be true. Those cords are way too damn short!

How about that Bloody Roar? Is it all fucked up or something? Post a pic!

I might also have to pick up your Super Mario Sunshine! Post a pic!

noisereductions 11.05.2010 12:41 PM

yeah. And it's unopened.

noisereductions 11.05.2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Whoa! A controller extension cable for GC!?!? I'm totally interested in that.

How about that Bloody Roar? Is it all fucked up or something? Post a pic!

I might also have to pick up your Super Mario Sunshine! Post a pic!

Bloody roar has rental place stickers on the box, manual and disc. But I'll post a pic of all that shit tonight for you.

noisereductions 11.05.2010 12:43 PM

you need to book mark my sale/trade list.... I'm constantly adding shit to it mang.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.05.2010 12:48 PM

YOU'D LIKE THAT, WOULDN'T YOU, guy?

noisereductions 11.05.2010 12:49 PM

yes

!@#$%! 11.05.2010 01:04 PM

more rome total war

anybody know a good turn-based strategy game?

oh shit! civ 5 is out!!!!!!!!!

see you never again

atsonicpark 11.05.2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Man, I don't own any rare games since I sold Dracula X for the SNES for $90. Everything is easy to get -- burn it, or emulate it.

noisereductions 11.05.2010 01:18 PM

all my rare games are ones I own physically. But that's just my hobby. I love finding games personally.

atsonicpark 11.05.2010 01:28 PM

I used to have a rare game collection that would make most people cry. Then I realized I'd rather have money and space. Over a few years, I made thousands of dollars in profit selling rare games. Now I can just play em all on my Dreamcast or whatever, and it's just as awesome. I own thousands and thousands of games now, in spindles. My SNES had every single RPG ever at one point; now I just have Yoshi, Metroid, and Tetris Attack for it and that's fine.

The only game I really regret selling is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, in mint condition, with soundtrack, for $107. I regret it because my dumb bitch ex-girlfriend helped me sell it and never transferred the money to my account. She technically stole the money from me. But I'll get it back (and the other $100 she owes me).

atsonicpark 11.05.2010 01:31 PM

Anyway, now playing

noisereductions 11.05.2010 01:36 PM

Yoshi's Island is great. Are you actually playing the GBA version? I should pull that one out soon again too. I recently beat Super Mario Land, Super Mario Bros 2 (doki) and Super Mario Land, so I've been on a bit of a kick.