Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

guest 02.20.2014 06:43 AM

won't be watching the walking dead next week, as this episode offered a promise of a POSSIBLE REDEEMING PLOTLINE, thereby inevitably setting me up for massive disappointment and driving me ever closer towards the knife drawer.

neeeeeed to watch true detective but the svu just keeps piling up. the hot sister from modern family was on tonight, she was a vile little cunt. sif a 14 year old in their right mind couldn't see that violently bashing someone's skull against a rail repeatedly would kill them, and much less not realise the severity of death. your compassion has for once gone too far benson, lock up the rancid bitch. stabler also got pulled in tonight, god it was hard, he's got a heart of gold beneath the austerity!

hannibal is one of the best shows I've ever watched, jesus christ. I want to have mads mikkelsen living in my house just talking when I want him to. we would go on cannibal sex tours of the world and we would be happpyyyyy. very strange format for a show though, at least in my own limited experience: noirish, quite cold but still reallllyy brutal. the writers of the walking dead could learn from their development; you don't offer an empty skeleton of a character upon their introduction and LEAVE IT THERE but instead slowly advance it by way of DIFFERENT PLOTLINES. mad soundtrack too, at times reminds me of the new blockaders.

dead_battery 02.20.2014 07:39 AM

last weeks walking dead, i just turned off vlc media player towards the end. i no longer give a fuck. wont d/l or watch this show again. i just do not care.

its just this stupid choreographed thing were we wait to see who will be killed off next for maximum dramatic effect and pathos. who cares?

would rather be dead.

guest 02.21.2014 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
last weeks walking dead, i just turned off vlc media player towards the end. i no longer give a fuck. wont d/l or watch this show again. i just do not care.

its just this stupid choreographed thing were we wait to see who will be killed off next for maximum dramatic effect and pathos. who cares?

would rather be dead.

exactly, they don't seem to understand that for anything to be evoked there has to be at least some substance to the characters. at this point I want maggie to get fucking raped by that giant horde solely because her love for glenn is obviously hollow (who could love such a vacuous dweeb?) and present solely out of convenience/attempts to create emotional attachment. and she's a shit actor too. plus rick and carl are totally intolerable, and I want them to burn not because their characters are detestable (after all, how can one dislike something that is wholly empty?) but instead because their acting, again, is TOTAL SHIT. I wouldn't mind if the show just devolved into a zombie orgy with daryl and michonne killing zombies then succumbing to sexual desire and having a root on top of maimed corpses. that sounds good. preferably carl's corpse.

why is everyone on this show ugly?
why does he carry a guitar case?
how is it that every cat is psychotic because of a flawed relationship on the owners' part?
why am I watching this?

because I am a FUCKING LOSER

nicfit 02.21.2014 04:21 AM

The problem with twd is in the number of wievers.
The shittier the writing, the bigger the numbers.
It's disgusting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Dead_episodes

It's nothing more than a "meh" guilty pleasure, as of now. No quality.

Nefeli 02.22.2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
I wouldn't mind if the show just devolved into a zombie orgy with daryl and michonne killing zombies maimed corpses. that sounds good. preferably carl's corpse.

unfortunately i agree with this.
yeah if i ll continue it will be a guilty smth for me too.
also if rick goes away, i ll def stop. he is hot and he is the only hot in there.

started the following 2.. what a bore as well. thankfully it had the start it had (wont spoil), otherwise i wouldnt bother at all.
bacon's obsession and love - i WILL puke- for carroll's ex-wife makes me wanna hit smth really hard.

we should probably stop with the negative and start watching better things.

cuRb your enthusiasm - its on my should check list.

evollove 02.22.2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99

Are there any other movies, shows, or any stand-up performances that one of you might want to recommend?

1.) Did you happen to see the one-hour CURB pilot? There's some of his stand up in that.

2.) Sour Grapes is his first movie. It's pretty bad.

3.) Clear History was an HBO movie he made last year. Better than Sour Grapes, not as good as his TV work.

4.) Did you see Whatever Works, the Woody Allen movie?

5.) When was he on SNL? I've never seen that. I know he used to write for them. Exactly one sketch made it to air.

6.) Here's something called "Larry David's Thanksgiving." http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8ce...giving-special

guest 02.22.2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
we should probably stop with the negative and start watching better things.

nah that sounds horrible, I'd rather watch this show get even worse than go back to having expectations for television. my standards are so low because of this trash that I feel like going to a fucking monster jam and getting whack on meth, my life is over and I am delighted. BRING ON TOMORROW

pad_023 02.23.2014 12:52 AM

Caught this last night, ended up watching 4 episodes. Surprisingly interesting and well done series.

dead_battery 02.24.2014 11:43 AM

last ep of walking dead

-

ok, better than last weeks by far. i was actually captivated by it when rick was perched ready to uzi those home invader bastards but of course the narrative saves his christ like soul with a convenient zombie attack. fuck that.

liked the fact they introduced, finally, someone who wants to get civilization back to normal. glenn is just annoying. all that stupid drama over a woman whose inexplicably attracted to him. as has already been pointed out in this thread, IRL maggie would never let glenn put his bone in her macarone. dont buy their relationship. glenn is annoying and want to see him get munched tbh.

ginger, autistic mullet man and amazon girl - fair enough characters.

but what the utter fuck was that "dont lie to me" bit at the end? what? doesnt even make sense. why be such a cynical bitch when a decent man with a plot to restart civilization rescues you? ohrite its coz he didnt believe in the power of love.

mishone and the dead kids - meh. "its a dog" yeah your sweet lies are gonna save his innocence, or perhaps you were just lying to yourself. blah. fuck that.

now that rick and mishone are gonna hook up things are looking a bit better for this show.

but next week we have to sit thru another boring ep of daryl and his underage girlfriend who just needs to shut up with this diary of a post apocalyptic damsel in distress routine and get bitten.

LifeDistortion 02.24.2014 02:57 PM

New season of Portlandia starts this Thursday on IFC.

pad_023 02.28.2014 11:51 AM

Finally got round to watching this and what great show it is indeed. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Trasher02 03.02.2014 12:10 AM

party down (finally)
rik and morty (finally)
workaholics (finally)
(finally)

Genteel Death 03.02.2014 05:13 AM

I watched Stewart Lee's ''Comedy Vehicle'' last night. Nice to see Chris Morris back on TV.

Nefeli 03.02.2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
nah that sounds horrible, I'd rather watch this show get even worse than go back to having expectations for television.

oh didnt mean new telly stuff.
i never switch on mine.

old series, or good series, good movies, experimental stuff, might as well just have open ubu and watch everything.

ilduclo 03.02.2014 07:50 AM

Some lovely person uploaded the full Codco series on youtube. Some really great stuff, including the Ricardo Huerta story

Nefeli 03.02.2014 12:29 PM

the only series really worth watching is true detective and then hannibal; great aesthetics here.
whats the story with the deer? seems like is a reference to smth that has happened in reality..?

!@#$%! 03.02.2014 01:17 PM

sherlock season 3 +
downton abbey season 4

floatingslowly 03.06.2014 09:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpCKtWx-TcE

Diesel 03.08.2014 12:15 PM

I bought the Twin Peaks Gold boxset and sat down to watch it for the first time since I saw it on the first airing on UK tv back in 89'. Watched it. seemed like Dallas with horror elements added in. shite.

But the more i think about it the more it feels right somehow. it's been 4 month since i saw it ( i think anyway i mean all's blurred up and that ) and i've been collecting my thoughts to post something nice. Unfortunately i've chose the wrong time to correlate those feelings...hahahajajaja

Salaam-Alaikum

MellySingsDoom 03.08.2014 03:07 PM

Watched this earlier on again - The Incredibly Strange Films Show on John Waters: http://youtu.be/QLISAi5_U9Y

foreverasskiss 03.09.2014 10:10 PM

The Walking Dead

i watch it and georgia is such a beautiful place and i know this blah blah.... trees, railroad tracks blah blah i see it everyday, but this second half season is boring as shit!!! i've had better zombie nitemares than this shit.

tripe. rednecks drunk on moonshine and then there is maggie. who's the actor that plays her? worse southern accent ever. Daryl is somewhat watchable and believable.

Genteel Death 03.11.2014 06:24 PM

Not enjoying this series of Stewart Lee as much as I thought as I would be. He repeats himself too much and he's so out of touch with racist and homophobic jokes.

Nefeli 03.17.2014 05:50 PM

episode 14 of walking dead was good.

foreverasskiss 04.01.2014 09:51 PM

just downloaded all the national episodes to Pee Wee's playhouse and eating a hamburger with hoop cheese, BLT with coffee.

an evening with viewtiful 04.01.2014 10:00 PM

Going back thru Futurama/Whatever canned celebrity conversations late night tv has to throw at me

!@#$%! 04.01.2014 10:35 PM

fringe! utterly silly. still fun shit.

Nefeli 04.02.2014 03:46 AM

hannibal=art.

foreverasskiss 04.04.2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
episode 14 of walking dead was good.

more than good!!!

an evening with viewtiful 04.06.2014 12:05 PM

Dragon Ball Z season 2.
It's half nostalgia, half genuine enjoyment... either way I don't think this show will ever be out of my life.

EVOLghost 04.10.2014 09:42 AM

'bout to watch the LEVEL 3 concert.

evollove 04.10.2014 05:40 PM

Fuck movies. Fuck current TV. Morton Downey Jr is where it's at.

I vaguely remembered the show, but re-watching a few episodes all these years later has blown my mind.

A chain smoking conservative (but really, I doubt he believes in anything) who wanders the stage and yells a lot. The audience is batshit. More than a few fights have broken out.

Where to begin?

Here's one on the ACLU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLL1Bgdbohw

Feminism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyQpuCBXCc

Here's a special episode taped at the Apollo Theater. The subject: atheists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6IIkOwd7GY

Here's the otherwise calm, rational Ron Paul getting pushed too far by a host and audience that doesn't get libertarianism. If Ron Paul were president, Morton says he'd puke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxDrfs4GtM

But he's cool with heavy metal and punk, and defends the music on this episode. Featuring JOEY RAMONE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjAKnD17n8I

And on and on.

This shit is insane. I can't stop watching. Highly recommended.

!@#$%! 04.10.2014 06:31 PM

i cant download videos in the daytime. agh! but maybe i'll wake up early tomorrow & see before the satellite starts to measure my dick again-- "sorry sir, you've grown too large, we'll have to hard-throttle you" they say, and me says "fuck your many-toothed cunt". fuckers.

--

been watching "house of cards" on disc now. great fucking show.

foreverasskiss 04.13.2014 06:33 PM

some good shows airing tonight for the season. No Reservations and Mad Men.

finally got into Mad Men after watching the last season this past month. was distracted and put way back because of The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. not as captivating and sometimes boring but, it's a slow burner and worth the watch. still don't understand the premise of the show or whats the point. to show how rich men treated women back then?

!@#$%! 04.13.2014 09:44 PM

and still house of cards. hot damn!

stu666 04.14.2014 01:38 AM

The trip to Italy

guest 04.14.2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

did not even realise this existed, many thxxx.

veep season 2: ohhhhhh julia. the writing on this show seems so much better than other shows of its kind. tony hale now looks exactly like oren ambarchi.

hannibal season 2: don't know where else the show can really go beyond this season but it's still astoundingly good. best looking on tv.

pony 04.21.2014 06:39 PM

I spent the whole day watching all episodes of Orphan Black

deflinus 04.21.2014 08:33 PM

the west wing. just finishing the third season.
never thought i'd like a show like this. but it's fucking goooooooooood

Cunt 04.23.2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and still house of cards. hot damn!

Are you referring to Robin Wright, because Jesus Christ.

!@#$%! 04.23.2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt
Are you referring to Robin Wright, because Jesus Christ.

she's a *very* good looking man!

but i was referring to the plot and characters and dark twisted mindfucks, in general. season 1 kept getting better and better. waiting for 2 to come out on bluray (been online since february though).

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
the west wing. just finishing the third season.
never thought i'd like a show like this. but it's fucking goooooooooood

one of my favorite shows ever ever but ever.

just one big warning: sorkin quit after season 4 (he was smoking crack at the time. this sounds like a joke, but isn't.)

yes, stick around till the very end if you wanna, but lower your expectations because the people who did ER took over.