Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4287)

truncated 07.28.2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Aww, that's sweet. PM me your address and I'll send you a CD straight away, because to humor you with an indefinite promise would just be insulting.

Really, there's no hurry.

Also, I'm really not trying to solicit mix CDs from anyone. Just trying to get some of you to cross over to the digital side as well. I ain't tryin' to be no leech yo.

HaydenAsche 07.28.2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
And so, I beseech you, good people, go to the CD thread, and spread the love. Thus far it looks like me, Titties (who, despite my imploring, surely will not include compromising photos of herself with her CD), and Gooey (who, if he sends me a CD with anything Jewel-related, I will have castrated by an unshaven NASCAR fan).

Ungrateful cunt.

truncated 07.28.2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Ungrateful cunt.

You listen to the embodiment of female genitalia, and you're calling me a cunt?

Cunt.

HaydenAsche 07.28.2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
You listen to the embodiment of female genitalia, and you're calling me a cunt?

Cunt.

You secretly listen to Jewel. Do not deny this. CoCoRosie, Joanna Newsom, and Cat Power are all amazing.

Cunt.

Pookie 07.29.2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Oh, and Pookie - did you get my tape this morning? If not it'll be there in the morning.

It was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday thanks. That makes four now including mine.

Pookie 07.29.2006 01:49 AM

Quote:

No need for the abusive PM. I might do a mix tape upon request. It's less likely with the arbitrary promise of an arbitrary others' taste, however.

I'm not so interested in mix CD's because I tend to only do those with an eye towards obscurity and difficulty, rather than with an eye to making my pseudo-Peel show mix tapes. I might partake, but it doesn't strike me as terribly interesting.

The abusive pm was for me in case you thought I was prompting people to send them to you!!

porkmarras 07.29.2006 05:43 PM

Mine is ready.You(whoever gets it) are a lucky personThere's even a secret track on it.

Hip Priest 07.29.2006 06:22 PM

Mine should have got there by now. I kind of miss it. No proper tracklist included, so they're all secret tracks for now.

porkmarras 07.29.2006 06:27 PM

Invisible jukebox?

porkmarras 07.29.2006 06:27 PM

Spookie you are an inspiration of late.I hope the holiday is fine and your lovely kid enjoys it.

Hip Priest 07.29.2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Invisible jukebox?

That would have been a better title than the one I chose.

porkmarras 07.29.2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
That would have been a better title than the one I chose.

Taken already by The Wire.Actually,sonicl,hip priest and spookie are to be thanked for reviving the corpse of the good eighties as opposed to the naff stuff that gets passed for eighties revival these days.

Hip Priest 07.29.2006 06:34 PM

You've played your part. You're the third other Propaganda fan I've ever known.

porkmarras 07.29.2006 06:36 PM

Spookie.Your Propaganda mention got you respect from here.

Hip Priest 07.29.2006 06:39 PM

ZTT at that time had a great roster, and Paul Morley doing was very good doing the sleeve notes. As a thirteen-year-old, I came across a lot of new words reading his stuff, especially the notes to an LP called Zang Tuum Tumb Sampled.

He writes for the Sunday Telegraph now.

porkmarras 07.29.2006 06:41 PM

And he still brilliantly interviews Morrisey too.

golden child 07.29.2006 06:46 PM

i procrastinated and didnt make it, so fuck all you all.

Hip Priest 07.29.2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
And he still brilliantly interviews Morrisey too.

I never saw that. I remember many years ago, he did a one-off TV programme for Channel Four, where he spent an hour or so explaining what his ideal TV show would consist of. And I've seen him on that review thingy with Mark Lawson.

I believe he was married to Claudia from Propaganda, but I don't know if the arrangement still stands.

porkmarras 07.29.2006 06:50 PM

If anyone ever remebers Gaz Top,please do come forward.

Hip Priest 07.29.2006 06:51 PM

Of course. How 2 and all of that.