Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4287)

porkmarras 07.27.2006 09:18 PM

Erm........

Cantankerous 07.27.2006 09:20 PM

i have my eye on a fox fur one that costs $500

Everyneurotic 07.27.2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Throw in some godflesh you bitch.I know that you can.

i constantly find myself asking myself "what would justin broadrick do?"

finding nobody 07.28.2006 01:09 AM

my tapes ready to go.
i really put my heart into it

Pookie 07.28.2006 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Nothing can't be sold spookie.

Are you sure?

Pookie 07.28.2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I hope I get Glices. I've got feeling I would dig his stuff more than anyone elses.

Just cause.

But, because I said this, I won't get it now. What a fucking moron I am.

I plan on doing it completely randomly. Although I bet if you asked REALLY nicely, Glice might do you one as well. Feel free to send an abusive pm to me Glice if I've spoken out of turn.

I know there are people here who's tapes I'd like to receive. Maybe I'll take sonicl's suggestion and listen to them all and consider it a perk.

sonicl 07.28.2006 03:39 AM

I'm sure they'll make ideal in-car listening on the way to the seaside.

"Daddy are we nearly there yet?"
"No! Now shut up and let me listen to this cat being strangled!"

truncated 07.28.2006 05:24 AM

Alright, I'm concerned that those of us who are swapping CDs are missing out on the impeccable taste of those of you who are already swapping cassettes.

And so, I beseech you, good people, go to the CD thread, and spread the love. Thus far it looks like me, Titties (who, despite my imploring, surely will not include compromising photos of herself with her CD), and Gooey (who, if he sends me a CD with anything Jewel-related, I will have castrated by an unshaven NASCAR fan). This doesn't seem promising.

Come on. You know you want to.

porkmarras 07.28.2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Are you sure?

You have to study geography to sell that one.

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.28.2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated

Come on. You know you want to.

But a mix tape is more fun than a mix CD. Its harder to skip songs, and such, so you've got to give everything a fair listen.

Just make a damn tape!!

gmku 07.28.2006 01:49 PM

I like the two sides. There's a certain arc over the two sides, or some pretentious artsy notion like that.

truncated 07.28.2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
But a mix tape is more fun than a mix CD. Its harder to skip songs, and such, so you've got to give everything a fair listen.

Just make a damn tape!!

Buy me a tape deck and I'll be glad to.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I like the two sides. There's a certain arc over the two sides, or some pretentious artsy notion like that.

Bite me.

Glice 07.28.2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
I plan on doing it completely randomly. Although I bet if you asked REALLY nicely, Glice might do you one as well. Feel free to send an abusive pm to me Glice if I've spoken out of turn.

I know there are people here who's tapes I'd like to receive. Maybe I'll take sonicl's suggestion and listen to them all and consider it a perk.

No need for the abusive PM. I might do a mix tape upon request. It's less likely with the arbitrary promise of an arbitrary others' taste, however.

I'm not so interested in mix CD's because I tend to only do those with an eye towards obscurity and difficulty, rather than with an eye to making my pseudo-Peel show mix tapes. I might partake, but it doesn't strike me as terribly interesting.

Glice 07.28.2006 02:10 PM

Oh, and Pookie - did you get my tape this morning? If not it'll be there in the morning.

gmku 07.28.2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Bite me.

uh, no, thanks... I'm not sure how I offended thee, but whatever I said, I take it back.

gmku 07.28.2006 02:14 PM

Just posted mine. fyi, it was 4.70 U.S. dollars by air mail. Plus about two bucks for the nice post office cassette-mailing box. I decided to go first-class all the way.

Glice 07.28.2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

uh, no, thanks... I'm not sure how I offended thee, but whatever I said, I take it back.

Oh, dear me. Don't apologise to her. It's all about baiting her hawt ass.

golden child 07.28.2006 02:29 PM

mine should be there monday or tuesday.

truncated 07.28.2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
No need for the abusive PM. I might do a mix tape upon request. It's less likely with the arbitrary promise of an arbitrary others' taste, however.

I'm not so interested in mix CD's because I tend to only do those with an eye towards obscurity and difficulty, rather than with an eye to making my pseudo-Peel show mix tapes. I might partake, but it doesn't strike me as terribly interesting.

However, if someone like truncated were to request a mix CD, because of her unfortunate lack of a means of playing tapes, well, how could I refuse? It is not the poor girl's fault that she is technologically understocked, and to deprive her of such a joy based on such grounds would just be cruel.

Awwww. Isn't that sweet!
Quote:

Please, I beg you - don't make it necessary for me to employ the tongue-wagging emoticon. Please.

Glice 07.28.2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Glice - my sexual furvour for you grows more urgent with every post. Such is the swelling of my devil's wort, I fear my floor is soon to be rushed with the mixed fluids of my lust

Aww, that's sweet. PM me your address and I'll send you a CD at some point.