Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

uhler 02.13.2008 02:06 PM

i finally got around to rebuying this.

gmku 02.13.2008 03:34 PM

I've decided to go back tomorrow and pick up Dark Side. I came to this determination while listening to Nevermind (Nirvana). PM me if you're interested in how I came to this exactly.

For the time being, let me just say it's something in the way...

gmku 02.13.2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch me i'm sick

LP

LP deluxe editionn

LP

casette

Nice acquisitions, tho I can't speak to the Lush thing, unfamiliar as I am with them.

In Rainbows (I have it on LP like you) has been my album of choice for many a day now, and I suspect I'll be returning to it often for the next few months at least.

plaztik_sun 02.13.2008 06:30 PM

hahahahahahahaha sounds good

gmku 02.13.2008 06:31 PM

Um. Huh?

touch me i'm sick 02.13.2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Nice acquisitions, tho I can't speak to the Lush thing, unfamiliar as I am with them.

In Rainbows (I have it on LP like you) has been my album of choice for many a day now, and I suspect I'll be returning to it often for the next few months at least.

yeah i had downloaded in rainbows off the website, but i felt bad for paying zero dollars. also i don't ever listen to music off my computer as i am more of a tactile.

lush is okay. i like to listen to them as i go to sleep. it was a dollar on cassette so i went for it.

gmku 02.14.2008 05:21 PM

Some pretty good vinyl acquisitions today. The deluxe anniversary EMI Holland import of Dark Side of the Moon. Man, is that vinyl good--so quiet. You get all the extras, too--posters, stickers, cards, and a nice plastic/paper sleeve. Nice.

Also, a mono first print of The Rolling Stones, Now! in VG shape. Sounds really great to my ears, though.

Also, two Brian Eno LPs--Another Green World and Before and After Science.

It's some pretty good stuff.

And because I spent so much, I got a $10 credit on my next purchase, plus three more punches on my card towards $11 off on a purchase over $10. (I have two more punches to go--you get a punch for every item you purchase over $10).

purplebumblebee 02.14.2008 06:12 PM

On vinyl Girl/Boy EP Aphex Twin

A Thousand Threads 02.14.2008 06:21 PM

fugazifan 02.15.2008 02:53 AM

today i bought
pan sonic-aaltopiiri
and
SCG-dulce

uhler 02.15.2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Some pretty good vinyl acquisitions today. The deluxe anniversary EMI Holland import of Dark Side of the Moon. Man, is that vinyl good--so quiet. You get all the extras, too--posters, stickers, cards, and a nice plastic/paper sleeve. Nice.

Also, a mono first print of The Rolling Stones, Now! in VG shape. Sounds really great to my ears, though.

Also, two Brian Eno LPs--Another Green World and Before and After Science.

It's some pretty good stuff.

And because I spent so much, I got a $10 credit on my next purchase, plus three more punches on my card towards $11 off on a purchase over $10. (I have two more punches to go--you get a punch for every item you purchase over $10).

you could've bought an older copy of dark side of the moon for like 3 bucks at an used record store or ebay.

gmku 02.15.2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhler
you could've bought an older copy of dark side of the moon for like 3 bucks at an used record store or ebay.

You've missed my point. That older copy would not be the same as the "special" copy I bought for 25 bucks.

Very realistically, you can't find an original pressing from 1973 in good condition with all the original extras it came for, unless you spend a lot more than 25 bucks. Even later repressings in good shape are hard to come by. There are many run of the mill copies around for 3 bucks, but they're pressed badly or worn out from use on shitty 70s turntables.

fugazifan 02.16.2008 09:46 PM

today i bought
wire-chairs missing
eno+byrne-my life in the bush of ghosts
the magic sound of fennoberg-live improve by fernnesz, jim orourke and peter rehberg

Torn Curtain 02.18.2008 05:47 AM

Ordered:

Everyneurotic 02.18.2008 12:24 PM

7":

thurston + flaherty / slither split
charalambides / pocahaunted split

tape:

v/a - total gape

(i was pleasantly surprised by pocahaunted's side).

fugazifan 02.18.2008 07:37 PM

butthole surfers-remberant pussyhorse
butthole sufers-independant worm saloon
i paid for both of em 14$ what a deal!

sonic sphere 02.20.2008 11:45 AM

the warlocks-s/t
the warlocks-surgery

sonic sphere 02.21.2008 12:31 PM

neil young & crazy horse-live at the fillmore east 1970

uhler 02.21.2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

You've missed my point. That older copy would not be the same as the "special" copy I bought for 25 bucks.

Very realistically, you can't find an original pressing from 1973 in good condition with all the original extras it came for, unless you spend a lot more than 25 bucks. Even later repressings in good shape are hard to come by. There are many run of the mill copies around for 3 bucks, but they're pressed badly or worn out from use on shitty 70s turntables.

yeah, but it's the original sound. i don't really like these 180 gram vinyl reissues unless they're hard to find records that get reissued. but then again it doesn't matter, if you like it more power to you. i just think spending 20 dollars extra just for some random stuff is a little too much. now maybe if it was the piper at the gates of dawn i would look at it in a different way.

anyway, i sort of contradicted myself and bought the deep wound 12 inch today. i have the bootleg 7 inch and this is also a bootleg in a sense, so i didn't really go against what i mentioned before. i also decided to start buying the syr on vinyl. i got goodbye 20th century and syr 1 from kill rock stars.

anyone know how long it takes a record to be sent from england to the usa? they shipped it today and i picked regular shipping.

Incesticide 02.22.2008 02:08 PM

Cd :
The Brian Jonestown Massacre : Take It From The man & We Are The Radio.