Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   stuff you can't stand (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25000)

floatingslowly 09.09.2008 10:09 PM

^^^ 39 ago.

Peanut butter is a student of gawdthinking.

atari 2600 09.09.2008 10:51 PM

can't stand it when people reply to threads like the one ribbits (who only has made five posts here) made yesterday.

seriously, have you people no sense?

pbradley 09.09.2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Well if you aren't and you know it, why do you care? Isn't god the one who judges in the end??

I'm just curious by the way, don't take this bitchy.

I'm not a theist, either. I have no position on the question. I dislike the assumption that I have one just because I am challenging the opposing alternative. I'm just annoyed by the US VS THEM thing about it.

pbradley 09.09.2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
^^^ 39 ago.

Peanut butter is a student of gawdthinking.

This is the second time someone said I was a theology student on SYG.

I'm studying philosophy.

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Self-proclaimed sycophant? Gurl, you crazy.

you have to kiss a certain amount of ass in your life if you want to accomplish anything.

or suck a certain amount of cock.

MellySingsDoom 09.10.2008 12:21 AM

Another one: People who don't say "thank you" when you open a door for them, give them the right of way, let them go on the bus etc before you. Apparently manners are rather expensive these days.

Also: me at the moment.

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:22 AM

falling down and having to go home at 1:00 :mad:

MellySingsDoom 09.10.2008 12:26 AM

^^^Man, that sucks. Hope you're feeling OK-ish now.

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:27 AM

other than the fact that i have to hobble and i should be a lot drunker than i am, yes

MellySingsDoom 09.10.2008 12:28 AM

Ah, that's good. Aside from the falling over thing, how did last night's partying go?

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:29 AM

uh well it's still "tonight" here
last night (last night being monday night) was insane though so i suppose that makes up for it

MellySingsDoom 09.10.2008 12:37 AM

Of course, it's only 1.30am in NYC now - d'oh.

It sounds like the NY Fashion Week has been well impressive so far, from what you've said on the board. And another three days of it to go - more fun for you, eh? :) PS. I'm still waiting for your big press photo moment - remember that there'll be drinks ahoy for you if it happens ;).

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:41 AM

ehhhhhh i don't even want to go tomorrow but i love anna sui so i'm obligated. nothing else worth seeing tomorrow though.
actually other than anna sui and calvin klein there's nothing for the rest of the week i'm remotely interested in so i will be fucking things up elsewhere.
marc by marc jacobs was thoroughly disappointing, which was surprising because his fall 08 collection rocks. everything else i saw was great.

no way after this week would i ever let the bastard photogs take my picture. they get in my fucking way. friends only.

hey, in keeping with this thread, there's something i can't stand. photographers and celebrities.

and i hate shuffling back and forth between my apartment and midtown and downtown and wherever the fuck all day.

MellySingsDoom 09.10.2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
celebrities.

+1 on this one. Especially the ones whose "talent" seems to begin and end at being seen at the "right" places. Do something useful or get a job, for crying out loud!

Another one - rude bar staff, shop assistants and so forth.

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:54 AM

i don't even care if they didn't actually do anything of any importance to get famous, just get the fuck out of my way.

/ego

terriblecanyons 09.10.2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

hey, in keeping with this thread, there's something i can't stand. photographers and celebrities.

I'm assuming you mean paparazzi and not photographers?

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I'm assuming you mean paparazzi and not photographers?

yeah. not fashion photogs, i love them. i mean the clusterfuck of piss ants gathered around j.lo and posh fucking beckham.

atsonicpark 09.10.2008 01:02 AM

ass stink
ball stink
vag stink

terriblecanyons 09.10.2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

yeah. not fashion photogs, i love them. i mean the clusterfuck of piss ants gathered around j.lo and posh fucking beckham.

I hate those dickheads, with the huge expensive cameras that I would just love to steal. All they use them for is for taking useless pictures of the worthless bags of flesh that call themselves celebrities.

Cantankerous 09.10.2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I hate those dickheads, with the huge expensive cameras that I would just love to steal. All they use them for is for taking useless pictures of the worthless bags of flesh that call themselves celebrities.

i'm surprised i haven't fucking hit one of them yet
i guarantee you if i was famous and they were all pointing their machinery at me there would have been a smackdown by now