Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   So many ladies (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86874)

Dude McDude 01.24.2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
There are metal boards with less sexism than here.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

louder 01.24.2013 03:03 PM

is SYG just a playground for knox where she can practice acting like a feminist with her unbearable internet persona?

knox 01.24.2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Now there is some shit that needs to be adressed! fucking horrible people. I deal with this happening to my friends and my family, and it always makes me sick.

I never said you should not say your piece knox. I just found it to be misguided.

Do you not understand how twisted/selfish it is for a man (not a woman) to tell a woman is misguided when she's talking about her own experience?

Here:

Mansplain 936 up, 375 down
Despite claims of superior strength in avoiding over-emotional reactions, when a man encounters even one iota of criticism of men on the internet, he must then mansplain why women suck by comparison or must be radical feminists.

Mansplain--to put women down in response to criticism.
Even though Mansplain only points out a specific aspect of what some men do but not in every context, explainerOrMansplainer and Wicker33 were so overcome by the inability to accept criticism and had to condescendingly mansplain how women must be either dumb; (ironically) unable to take criticism (derp!); or should be dismissed as radical.

knox 01.24.2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude McDude
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

That not all metal people are SY fans therefore weren't constantly exposed to Kim Gordon's lyrics about women issues.

floatingslowly 01.24.2013 03:06 PM

Perhaps your delicate sensitivities take issue with her aggressive stance, but knox is passionate about an issue that's quite frankly a stain on your species; much as the other debasing tools that have been used to oppress since time eternal.

Rob, a few days ago you railed against people making light of sexual abuse because of it's occurance in the life of someone you know. I reckon you know even more who've been subjected to chronic male-centric degradations.

WHERE IS YOUR RAGE NOW???;

knox 01.24.2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
why not use pepper spray, it's a lot more effective

I honestly feel sorry for any woman who makes the bad judgement of getting involved with a man like you.

knox 01.24.2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Perhaps your delicate sensitivities take issue with her aggressive stance, but knox is passionate about an issue that's quite frankly a stain on your species; much as the other debasing tools that have been used to oppress since time eternal.

Rob, a few days ago you railed against people making light of sexual abuse because of it's occurance in the life of someone you know. I reckon you know even more who've been subjected to chronic male-centric degradations.

WHERE IS YOUR RAGE NOW???;

Thank you <3

!@#$%! 01.24.2013 03:09 PM

knox, if your friend is really in trouble you should probably go help them either a) give the fucking perp a well-deserved beatdown, or b) file a police report and take him to court.

i'd go with a), but then again everyone has their methods.

instead you're here using this story to "win" an overreaching argument against rob the internet rapist. what kind of friend are you?

knox 01.24.2013 03:10 PM

Do you have any idea what happens when you go to the police with something like this? Do you have any idea of what that would put HER through? She's a feminist, so she knows exactly what her chances are.

Because it just sounds like you're living in a different world, where the man will be judged instead of her.
Where his friends will testify against him.
Where she's not going to be questioned for being drunk in his apartment.
Where she has a chance of winning without any physical "proof".

I will see her later, she doesn't want to see anyone but her girlfriend now.

Sadly, this kind of story is so recurring that doesn't even impress me anymore.

louder 01.24.2013 03:11 PM

wouldn't be surprised if she made up that story.

knox 01.24.2013 03:18 PM

Out of some respect for the women in your lives and yourselves, you should take 11 minutes of your life and watch a penis carrier tell you something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1PbsV6B80

!@#$%! 01.24.2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Do you have any idea what happens when you go to the police with something like this? Do you have any idea of what that would put HER through? She's a feminist, so she knows exactly what her chances are.

Because it just sounds like you're living in a different world.

I will see her later, she doesn't want to see anyone but her girlfriend now.

really? one time some fucker neighbor made threats to my wife and she called the cops.

he didn't lay a finger on her--he just got on her face and tried bullying her about a parking space.

the sucker was taken away in handcuffs and later had to apologize like a dog.

yes, i suppose i live in a different world-- in my world women don't see themselves as automatic victims and will stand up to abusers using whatever tools they have at hand.

Trama 01.24.2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
"handy" as in "grabs everything"? Yes.

I nearly have given myself whiplash for all the constant neck-turning, just to make sure that she's still with me, and not stopped, several aisles back, staring at boxes of instant pudding.

Line-cutting.

knox 01.24.2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
really? one time some fucker neighbor made threats to my wife and she called the cops.

he didn't lay a finger on her--he just got on her face and tried bullying her about a parking space.

the sucker was taken away in handcuffs and later had to apologize like a dog.

yes, i suppose i live in a different world-- in my world women don't see themselves as automatic victims and will stand up to abusers using whatever tools they have at hand.

you live in a world where you call the cops and they come.

but also a world where less than 1% of rapists are convicted and where this happens:
http://jezebel.com/5968390/judge-who...o-keep-his-job

Rob Instigator 01.24.2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Do you not understand how twisted/selfish it is for a man (not a woman) to tell a woman is misguided when she's talking about her own experience?

misguided in that your energy is better spent confronting assholes who touch your friends while they are asleep, not me making a comment about beautiful ladies.

knox 01.24.2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trama
Line-cutting.

Hum, yeah. Line cutting when you're pregnant, that certainly makes up for everything.

knox 01.24.2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
misguided in that your energy is better spent confronting assholes who touch your friends while they are asleep, not me making a comment about beautiful ladies.

now you're making an assumption of what i've done/haven't done/do with my time? you have no idea what i actually do and that's not even relevant in this conversation anyway. diverting.

"don't complain about something that happens in your life and bothers you when there's famine in Africa", yeah?

floatingslowly 01.24.2013 03:28 PM

Pregnant women in America do not recieve that privilige. She doesn't even get a special parking spot, unless it's in front of 'the baby store'.

!@#$%! 01.24.2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

you live in a world where you call the cops and they come.

but also a world where less than 1% of rapists are convicted and where this happens:
http://jezebel.com/5968390/judge-who...o-keep-his-job

nobody here (that i know of, anyway) is for rapists, or idiot judges, or for politicians who make stupid claims of "legitimate rape".

but asking people to shut up on the internet because what they say makes you sad isn't going to stop any rapists, stupid judges, or idiot politicians.

Rob Instigator 01.24.2013 03:29 PM

In Houston most supermarkets have special parking for "expectant mothers"

Knox, again, you are bringing too much personal shit to something as simple as you being offended by a comment I made. More power to you for helping those that need it.