Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

gmku 11.13.2007 02:57 PM

Hail to the Thief (Radiohead) - double LP 45 rpm. Neat-o.

Rob Instigator 11.13.2007 03:19 PM

gmku you are really getting into th radiohead aren't you?

LittlePuppetBoy 11.13.2007 07:33 PM

Birthday Party-Prayers on Fire
the U-Men-Solid Action

gmku 11.13.2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
gmku you are really getting into th radiohead aren't you?

Yeah, I don't know why I ignored them for so long. Yes, I do. The hype. The hype put me off a bit. OK Computer is right up there with the best albums of all time--it may even be THE best. Their stuff just really surprises me.

touch me i'm sick 11.13.2007 10:01 PM

vinyl:
jethro tull - stand up
greatest hits of 1720
vivaldi - four seasons
moody blues - in search of the lost chord
david bowie - heroes

cassette:
talkking heads - speaking in tongues
lush - spooky
primal scream - primal scream

jon boy 11.14.2007 05:54 AM

getting the czech nymphs record soon.

jimbrim 11.14.2007 10:34 AM

Burial - Untrue
Six Organs of Admittance - Shelter from the Ash

sonicl 11.15.2007 10:56 AM

Various Artists
Kilt By Death: The Sound Of Old Scotland

No Label No Cat
3xCD-R

The next wad who walks up to me in public and hands me a CD-R of their current post-rock/indie-experimental/improv/hip ‘noise' project with the immortal words “it's happening on your own doorstep!” is gonna have to eat fist. The fact is that there has never been any real history of experimental music in Scotland and outside of the activities of a few scattered individuals that unfortunately remains pretty much the case today. What Scotland has always enjoyed is a fairly voluble DIY/underground rock scene, a scene that - despite the geographical distance - always seemed to have more in common with what was happening beneath the pavements of New York than anything that the media/fashion dictates of London might've encouraged. Kilt By Death, then, is a timely round-up of some of the best - and some of the most unlikely - DIY/punk sides to come out of Scotland in the period 1977-1984. Some of the stuff here is pretty common, some of it is faintly ridiculous (Andy Cameron's “I Wanna Be A Punk Rocker”) and some of it (killer sides like Fire Exit's “Time Wall”, previously comped on Volume 7 of the original Killed By Death series) is as rare as a clue in the putty-soft brain of the average Scottish music journalist. Listened to in one sitting it makes a pretty convincing case for Scotland's inclusion alongside New Zealand as one of the most consistently committed DIY outposts and one that drew sustenance and strength - as opposed to bitterness and poodle-peddling compromise - from a position of relative cultural and geographical isolation. Sometimes, you just gotta be reminded. Includes killer tracks by 35mm Dreams, Alleged, Alternative, Alternators, Another Pretty Face, Article 58, AVO-8, Aztec Camera, Basic Unit, Battery Boys, Beat Necessity, Bee Bee Cee, Boots for Dancing, Brills, Buba and the Shop Assistants, Andy Cameron, Cheetahs, Commercials, Crimedesk, Defiant Pose, Delmontes, DNV, Drive, Electric Personalities, Electrix, End Result, Exile, Exposure, External Menace, Fakes, Fegs, Fire Engines, Fire Exit, Flowers, Freeze, Fun 4, Jesus and Mary Chain, Johnny and the Self-Abusers, Jolt, Josef K, Laughing Apple, Mentol Errors, Metropak, Neon Barbs, Noise Annoys, One Takes, Orange Juice, Passionate Friends, Pastels, Prats, PVC2, Red Letters, Restricted Code, Rezillos, Scars, Scrotum Poles, Significant Zerøs, Simple Minds, Skids, Skroteez, Square Peg, Squibs, Story So Far, Strutz, Subs, Suede Crocodiles, T.P.I., Thermometers, Those Intrinsic Intellectuals, Threats, TV21, Twisted Nerve, Urban Enemies, Valves, Venigmas, Victims of What?, Visitors (Dundee/Edinburgh), Wake, Wayward Skylabs, X-S Discharge, Zips and Zones.

nicfit 11.15.2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbrim
Burial - Untrue

you like it?

Norma J 11.16.2007 01:40 AM

Some Gang of Four and some Dirty Three, today.

sarramkrop 11.16.2007 06:43 AM

Nirvana- Bleach

MellySingsDoom 11.16.2007 08:06 AM

Dinsoaur Jr - We Love Kevin Shields.

Everyneurotic 11.16.2007 04:52 PM

all on cd:

astro - astral orange sunshine
kousokuya - ray night 2006.10.18.
suishou no fune - the light of dark night
heavy winged - feel inside

Savage Clone 11.16.2007 04:59 PM

On LP for Killer Dealz:

Einstürzende Neubauten 1991-2001 3xLP box
Ultravox - 1st LP

Both for ridiculously cheap. I'm pleased.

hat and beard 11.16.2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Live in Kyoto is the long awaited second release by the trio of Chie Mukai, Eric Cordier & Seichi Yamamoto.

Over four bruised side long cuts, Live in Kyoto faithfully captures the intensity of one particularly eviscerating evening at Kyoto’s Tanq Room in 2004 of ritualized self expression.

This is liminal ecstatic drone, clatter & relentless sound bursts with a rough around the edges vibe that maintains a loose kinetic debt to everything from La Monte Young & the Theater of Eternal Music to Keiji Haino, AMM & Fushitsusha..

I haven't listened to it yet, but the CD they released on Turtles Dream was fantastic. I'll give this one a good listen after I get home from work today.

SYRFox 11.20.2007 03:05 PM

nicfit 11.20.2007 03:17 PM

sonic death cd

HECKLER SPRAY 11.21.2007 03:30 PM

^Lucky you, nic !!!^

Polvo - Exploded Drawing

gmku 11.21.2007 04:46 PM

The Name of this Band is Talking Heads

Led Zeppelin II

Another View (VU)

All LPs. The first two used, the latter a 4 Men with Beards new reissue.

k-krack 11.21.2007 06:12 PM

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures 180g vinyl reissue!!! Shit yeah!!!
of Montreal - Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies: A Variety of Whimsical Verse (cd)