Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

!@#$%! 10.28.2018 10:20 PM

this finished in a sort of marathon finished “da vinci’s demons,” which in total was 30 episodes spread in 3 seasons.

the premise is quite crapola—leonardo as a genius “detective” like that guy... numbers or something. except he’s better and magical and predestined and all sorts of shit. and there are secret societies and global consoiracies and wars and he’ in all of it at once. lol!

but that’s okay!

somehow even though there were many boring scenes and ridiculous plot twists and all lind of innumerable bullshit, i just had to find out what happened.

i did enjoy it at some level even though it was bad. like eating 3 giant bags of potato chips with coca-cola. eh, i got it out of my system now.

and now, on to my criterion watchlist cuz filmstruck—he dead

h8kurdt 10.28.2018 10:58 PM

Anyone watch the live episode of inside no. 9? Fucked me up, man.

tw2113 10.29.2018 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Anyone watch the live episode of inside no. 9? Fucked me up, man.

No but I also don't know what show you're referring to in general.

evollove 10.29.2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

and now, on to my criterion watchlist cuz filmstruck—he dead

Why not hook us up with filmstruck login info? (Is that even how it works?) Only a month left, and it's not like we'd be driving them out of business. Just a thought...

!@#$%! 10.29.2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Why not hook us up with filmstruck login info? (Is that even how it works?) Only a month left, and it's not like we'd be driving them out of business. Just a thought...

tempting, but the login is also access to the account/personal profile/payment info and incoming refund :D

but lml...

Rob Instigator 10.30.2018 07:40 AM

watching Ozarks. 3 eps in.

tw2113 10.30.2018 11:06 PM

just finished a rewatch of the early 80s BBC telling of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

So cheesy bad it's a decent telling of a part of the overall grand story.

LifeDistortion 10.31.2018 07:29 AM

Three episodes in so far. I'm enjoying it.

Severian 10.31.2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

Me too. It’s fun. I can hear the Rivedale writing in the dialogue at times (shudder) but whatever it’s a good time.

They say shit and have graphic violence and Satan, so I’m down

Plus, girl from Mad Men.

Peterpuff 10.31.2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
watching Ozarks. 3 eps in.

Good show. Dark tones and an interesting ride. I really like seeing this side of Bateman, actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

Keep me posted on this. I got about 3-4 episodes in. I don't "hate" it, but it has not totally hooked me yet. I might need more encouragement to continue on. Mild things annoy me with it so far, but they outweigh the few things I enjoy,

I have been checking out a lot of the standup comedy offerings on Netflix lately. I am not sure how "big" this kid is outside of the states, but James Acaster's series of specials had me absolutely rolling. Finally got to binge through them all. I feel he is quite clever with his awkward timing, and an absolute genius at his callback stylings. Is he pretty popular over their in England?

ilduclo 10.31.2018 10:22 PM

finished Forever, it was Ok, but ended up kind of fucked up, IMO

Severian 11.03.2018 08:28 AM

Final season of House of Cards.

Man, Soacey really fucked himself by trying to fuck that kid when he himself was practically a kid. Really just slit his career’s throat... 30 years later.

New season’s kinda suffering for the holes in the plot as far as I’m concerned.

Severian 11.04.2018 03:24 PM

WOW this show turned to shit.
WOW.

I mean, not ALL of the final season was bad — some of it was genuinely compelling and gripping as usual — but MAN does it peter out into some nonsense bullshit by the end of the *eighth* episode (yep, it’s eight episodes... to bring “closure” ... or so the story goes).

Would have been much more powerful if it had just ended with Claire taking on the narrative and then cutting to black, leaving the horrendous final season to be an imaginary possibility in the minds of the most unimaginative viewers only.

Blech. Nope.

h8kurdt 11.10.2018 01:28 PM

New Louis Theroux. This one looks at people in polyamory relationships. My god, there a couple of people in this who I can totally imagine losing their minds and driving their car into a ball of flames.

For me it seems that some people aren't willing to accept that their marriage is over and accept their wife/husband is sleeping with someone else. All the while they're pretending they're ok with it. 7However, you also have to look at the person sleeping with someone else. Surely they're just being selfish in doing this when their partner isn't into it?

ilduclo 11.10.2018 04:36 PM

That Robin Wright is an imbecile

Severian 11.10.2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
That Robin Wright is an imbecile

Is she? She’s not a bad actress... usually.
It was just a really, really bad final season.

Severian 11.20.2018 10:45 PM

The Leftovers is good.

Like... Lost only cranked up a notch. HBO-ified. I like Lindelof and look forward to finishing this series and seeing what he makes of Watchmen in 2019.

ilduclo 11.21.2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Is she? She’s not a bad actress... usually.
It was just a really, really bad final season.

Didn’t watch it, not a Spacey fan, even before the revelations....if you want to see the nadir of acting, try getting thru Wright in “the Congress”, which was just about the worst movie I’ve tried to sit thru, worse even than Color Purple.

Rob Instigator 11.21.2018 10:51 AM

The Last Kingdom is back

Watching season 4 of Gotham

Watching season 3 of Narcos

watching season 3(?) of Daredevil

ilduclo 11.21.2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The Last Kingdom is back

dang, I thought I'd watched that in the past and found it sorta OK, but the first episode had a hamstringing, eye gouging, tongue removal and then a horse murder in like the first 2 minutes......

that was it for me. fucking gratuitous bullshit. not going back