Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Internet dating (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=735)

Glice 04.10.2006 07:42 PM

nb - insert misogynist joke into above post at will.

truncated 04.10.2006 08:07 PM

I just said that for propriety's sake.

Glice 04.10.2006 08:11 PM

Propriety's dead baby.

And on that note, I'm going to bed. Ooh, I hope everyone votes for in my cock thread by the morning.

I so very, very badly need a job.

porkmarras 04.13.2006 04:17 AM

Well,what can i say?Apologies to all if i came across as a prick but i still stick to i what i wrote erlier about the use of the Internet.It is only my opinion after all,not something you have to particularly agree with.And Truncated,yes i was drunk while i was replying so that'll explain my agressive posts.Much love.xx

truncated 04.13.2006 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Well,what can i say?Apologies to all if i came across as a prick but i still stick to i what i wrote erlier about the use of the Internet.It is only my opinion after all,not something you have to particularly agree with.And Truncated,yes i was drunk while i was replying so that'll explain my agressive posts.Much love.xx

Hey it's cool. Besides, you have the right to think my posts are shit; 90% of them are haha

As far as your post goes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Truncated:
The internet is a beautiful instrument for people so they can express their opinions without the face value factor that comes with bumping into a stranger on the street or an actual discussion on myriad subjects with a friend,family member or whatever.It does allow you to do that with total strangers from the commodity of your own bedroom/workspace or else without paying mentally and physically bacause of your shortcomings as an individual.It can be fun to know what the written word can tell about yourself and others around continents but it certainly can't free the erratic thinking that is going in your own mind or that of others.Before you post i'd advise to you keep an eye firmly on the edit button.If alcohol or drugs have gone through your body,make sure an apology about the nonsensical ranting or the plain nonsensical attitude is made to other people who post on here.None of your supposed intellectual shortcomings are going to be questioned much that way.Just say it,in a chorus:I am a prized Cunt!

I would agree with that to an extent; however, whether this is good or bad, I am exactly the same way online as I am in 'reality.'

The internet is 'reality' to me, insofar as it's discourse with other human beings, simply on a different medium. I personally don't behave any differently on here, because it's not a form of escapism to me - it's just an amusing activity like any other. I don't take things too seriously on here, but that goes for any social situation.

In the same vein, I don't disregard people I talk to online either. Just because I'm not speaking to someone face-to-face does not mean they don't exist, and therefore deserve respect. Many people say they don't make "friends" online, and perhaps that's true to the extent that it will always be a different social dynamic when you can't physically spend time with a person, but you're still interacting socially with someone, and therefore you observe the same 'guidelines' on here as you would in person.

That being said, if I rip on someone online, it's not 'keyboard courage' - because really, what have you got to fear on here or in person when you're honest with someone? That they won't give you their stamp of social approval? If I'm at odds with someone in either medium, it's safe to assume I don't want that approval anyhow.

Basically, this is a long-winded way of saying that if I call someone a cunt, I have reason to believe it's true, and I mean it. This certainly does not mean I expect others to agree with me, but it is an honest expression of my opinion, and those, I will not conceal.

Does that make sense? I realize I ramble way too fuckin much.

choc e-Claire 03.03.2019 09:26 PM

April 2006, how far back can I go?

I'm too young for Internet dating (sorry y'all), but I've met a few people online who I would have really wanted to date had we known each other in person. This includes one guy from Twitter who I've had a big crush on for an extended period of time, and who I think I actually asked for an LDR with at one point...

Hormones, hey?

d.sound 03.03.2019 09:35 PM

Are online phone apps not the internet? I had a bad one night stand in 2005 and I didn't try it again until this recent july with tinder. I expected to meet a few people with whom I would have nothing in common and quickly give up. Surprisingly, I immediately met someone I liked and we are in a relationship that is becoming pretty serious.

choc e-Claire 03.03.2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
Are online phone apps not the internet?

I meant on stuff like Discord and Twitter - they're apps, but they're not designed for dating.

!@#$%! 03.03.2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I'm too young for Internet dating (sorry y'all)

didn’t you just reach the age of consent in your country or did they change it to 39?

choc e-Claire 03.03.2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
didn’t you just reach the age of consent in your country or did they change it to 39?

16 is the Aussie age of consent, so I've had a year where I've been able to (but haven't :(). All the dating apps have 18+ in the TOS though, and I'd planned to wait until I was out of high school anyway.

(Apparently, some young gays in the US had been signing up for Grindr to make friends, which is kinda sad to me.)

pony 03.06.2019 05:51 PM

dating is so last year. STOP

d.sound 03.06.2019 07:43 PM

Sexbots4ever

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
Sexbots4ever

ew. no. i’d rather fap. it’s real meat! ha ha ha

floatingslowly 03.06.2019 08:26 PM

All I can think of now is that smell when you rip open the film on a pack of mince and the blood is juicing around that soggy piece of wax paper they keep at the bottom to prevent it from sticking to the plastic, and how you have to wash your hands afterwards, but never really get the smell out from under your fingernails.

#Sexbots4ever

dirty bunny 03.07.2019 03:19 AM

What the fuck is mince? Like mincemeat? Why are you eating mincemeat in March? It's not Christmas.

floatingslowly 03.07.2019 05:08 AM

there's no meat in mincemeat, Buns. just like there's no cheese in headcheese, just plenty of head, you dig?

choc e-Claire 06.25.2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

All the dating apps have 18+ in the TOS though, and I'd planned to wait until I was out of high school anyway.

Apparently, this isn't stopping a few of my friends.

!@#$%! 06.25.2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Apparently, this isn't stopping a few of my friends.

16 and pregnant?

choc e-Claire 06.25.2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
16 and pregnant?

Wouldn't surprise me.

One advantage I have over the cis girls of the world: I can't get pregnant myself :D
I mean, I could get others pregnant, but I've got a good idea on how to avoid that.

!@#$%! 06.25.2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me.

One advantage I have over the cis girls of the world: I can't get pregnant myself :D
I mean, I could get others pregnant, but I've got a good idea on how to avoid that.

you could still get “pregnant” with chancres though :(