Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

gmku 04.04.2012 06:32 PM

The Stone Roses again. And for the record, I've never done shrooms actually, aside from the kind I make with my chicken marsala.

stu666 04.04.2012 06:33 PM

gmku 04.04.2012 06:34 PM

oh ^ nice!

stu666 04.04.2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
too much trouble to get them. jumpin over barbed wire fences with a flashlight in the middle of the night dodging cows and worrying about some crazy ass farmer shooting you..........scarist moment of my life/

those cows move pretty fast when your stoned.

I've done more mushrooms than I can remember. Suffolk is the place to get them! check out one of my best picks here http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ostcount=35551 (this picture was taken when they were still legal.... I think)

stu666 04.04.2012 07:17 PM

gmku 04.04.2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

too much trouble to get them. jumpin over barbed wire fences with a flashlight in the middle of the night dodging cows and worrying about some crazy ass farmer shooting you..........scarist moment of my life/

Yeah, if the legality and difficulty were not issues, I would be interested. I seem to be a natural born raver, after all, given my shoegaze predeliction.

davenotdead 04.04.2012 08:37 PM

new black dice.

gmku 04.04.2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

i'll be nothing you'll never forget. i try to block the trip out in my mind, but it will always be there. not that it was bad or good, just FUCKED. you'll have chill bumps everytime someone smiles or has a good vide. a bad vide will make you think a thousand times more. music will be something you hold in your hand.

I see... .

TheDom 04.04.2012 09:41 PM

serge gainsbourg - histoire de melody nelson

EVOLghost 04.04.2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Yeah, if the legality and difficulty were not issues, I would be interested. I seem to be a natural born raver, after all, given my shoegaze predeliction.

weiner.

Murmer99 04.04.2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

must spread rep. I just put on Trout Mask Replica earlier and kind of changed my mind about doc at the radar station being my favorite.

Genteel Death 04.05.2012 03:51 AM

This morning on my way to work:

louder 04.05.2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

my fav ice cream, must spread sum illegal stuffs.

louder 04.05.2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

paul mccartney - mother natures son.

lil b - pretty bitch

both in my head today at work

lil b is always in my HEART

gmku 04.05.2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
weiner.

Well, you and/or forever send me a couple in the mail, and maybe I'll try one some evening after work.

sonic sphere 04.05.2012 07:43 AM

Severian 04.05.2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

If that was the scariest moment of your life, you are extraordinarily lucky.
Ever consider just buying from mellow college burnout? It's a good deal less strenuous.

Severian 04.05.2012 08:11 AM

But I'm running late for work and listening to "I Found a Star on the Ground" for the first time.

Its actually proving to be a pretty damn good drone, though I'm only an hour into it.

EVOLghost 04.05.2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Well, you and/or forever send me a couple in the mail, and maybe I'll try one some evening after work.

I really don't think you know what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbTzeEzWQw

Also...music really is a new experience.

stu666 04.05.2012 10:03 AM

Gnod

gmku 04.05.2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I really don't think you know what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbTzeEzWQw

Also...music really is a new experience.

Right. Because I'm an idiot just like him. LOL.

gmku 04.05.2012 10:32 AM

YES!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake

stu666 04.05.2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Are philosophers stones (Psilocybe Tampanensis) legal in the USA? they are here, they're truffles but have similar effects to psychedelic mushrooms.

http://www.amsterdamheadshop.com/psy...-truffles.html

gmku 04.05.2012 11:36 AM

No idea. Can't help you with that one.

Ghostchase 04.05.2012 11:53 AM

louder 04.05.2012 12:24 PM

Insignificant 04.05.2012 01:09 PM

Pink Reason performing "Borrowed Time".

One of the weakest songs in their repertoire, I think, but not bad.

lo-fi suicide 04.05.2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake

cool! i thought no one knows that band nowadays :)

louder 04.05.2012 01:18 PM

DDDDDDDDDDDJJJJJJJJJJ KHAAAAAAALEDD

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.05.2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
This is a really good album, but I was expecting more. Or rather, less... less traditionally shoegaze. I was hoping for a little more personality.

I really like it though, but shoegaze needs a makeover.

I can see where you're coming from, definitely. I'm actually pretty new to the band, and have only heard this and 'Friends For Now'.

I actually caught 'em through a Canadian radio station I can sometimes pick up here in Michigan. I exclaimed, "OH SHIT! SHOEGAZE ON THE RADIO!?!?!!"

They were playing 'Dead Flowers', and I've been absolutely hooked ever since. That track, 'Gone', and the one that comes after it (I can't recall atm) are all more than worthy of making sure I listen to this one over and over again. I still have to dabble with 'Friends For Now' a bit more though.

Severian 04.05.2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I can see where you're coming from, definitely. I'm actually pretty new to the band, and have only heard this and 'Friends For Now'.

I actually caught 'em through a Canadian radio station I can sometimes pick up here in Michigan. I exclaimed, "OH SHIT! SHOEGAZE ON THE RADIO!?!?!!"

They were playing 'Dead Flowers', and I've been absolutely hooked ever since. That track, 'Gone', and the one that comes after it (I can't recall atm) are all more than worthy of making sure I listen to this one over and over again. I still have to dabble with 'Friends For Now' a bit more though.

I'm glad people are getting into it. They're a damn good little band and I think they have potential, but Friends for Now had more bite than this new one.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.05.2012 04:05 PM

I'll def. give Friends another listen, man. More bite is always a good thing, ha. It just hasn't hooked me as much as the new one yet.

gmku 04.05.2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lo-fi suicide
cool! i thought no one knows that band nowadays :)

Long-time fan here. I was there when Lido came out. Love this band.

Genteel Death 04.05.2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insignificant
Pink Reason performing "Borrowed Time".

One of the weakest songs in their repertoire, I think, but not bad.

Whichversion? There are so many of it and it always sounds like a different song?

gmku 04.05.2012 05:41 PM

The Stone Roses again.

Thing about shrooms... I don't wanna have that stoner look/demeaner. You know, sort of that slack, foggy look. I like feeling and looking sharp. I think the only one who's ever pulled off elegance on drugs is Keith Richards. The rest of us just look like idiots.

stu666 04.05.2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Long-time fan here. I was there when Lido came out. Love this band.

same here

gmku 04.05.2012 05:53 PM

Yeah, maybe. I might be fucked up enough as it is.

stu666 04.05.2012 05:56 PM

stu666 04.05.2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

i've never done acid, but GODDAMN, shroom are evil and heavenly.cry like a fucker. i don't care how manly you are.

I'd say the main difference that I found from acid and shrooms was that on acid you don't get that paranoid feeling deep inside and it was always much more of a giggly trip but I know it all depends on the circumstances of who, how, where and when you take it.... I could talk for hours on this subject but this is the what are you listening to thread so...

gmku 04.05.2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

i just ate too much. thinking i was a badass. holy shit. that was ten years ago and it still lingers.

I experienced that with Jack Daniels when I was really young, thinking I was some kind of Keith or something. I ended up so sick I couldn't walk for 2 days. In all seriousness, I probably almost died.

Anyway, to keep this on track, I want to keep The Stone Roses on repeat for a while. Is this the best pop rock album of all time or what?