Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

ploesj 08.17.2009 10:54 AM

i almost got slapped in the face at work today, my boss called the police on the guy.

terriblecanyons 08.17.2009 11:00 AM

ploesj, what happened?

I have a hole in my gum below the gum line. It hurts super bad. I guess I brushed my teeth too hard and it caused a sore which has been escalating for the past week or so.

_slavo_ 08.17.2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
i almost got slapped in the face at work today, my boss called the police on the guy.

what? what's the place you work at?

davenotdead 08.17.2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
creepy.

i just ate an elvis sandwich.

i think i'm having a heart attack.

what is an elvis sandwich? splain.

also re: tat.... tiny star

davenotdead 08.17.2009 11:22 AM

anngella, mail me yr underwear and i'll clean it for u and mail back. obviously not in time for yr appointment tho

floatingslowly 08.17.2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
what is an elvis sandwich? splain.

it's a sandwich made from Elvis bread, of course. :rolleyes:

Sonic Youth 37 08.17.2009 11:25 AM

Note to self: Never eat a Jolly Rancher in the shower again.

terriblecanyons 08.17.2009 11:26 AM

That sounds dangerous.

Sonic Youth 37 08.17.2009 11:28 AM

I was lucky this time. I once had a horrible habit of chewing gum in the shower...that was dumb.

davenotdead 08.17.2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
it's a sandwich made from Elvis bread, of course. :rolleyes:

i didn't ask for a picture of rufio

PAULYBEE2656 08.17.2009 11:44 AM

if λ is a limit ordinal. So

floatingslowly 08.17.2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
i didn't ask for a picture of rufio

ok. sorry. :(

who else wants to talk about Amy Mainzer some more???

I do.

o, lord...look what I found! http://www.cosmicdiary.org/blogs/nas...mainzer/?p=320

terriblecanyons 08.17.2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

if λ is a limit ordinal. So

That's exactly what I thought.

ploesj 08.17.2009 12:03 PM

i work at a post office, some guy came in complaining because he had sent a regular letter with important papers out to ghana over a month ago and it hadn't arrived yet. he waved the receipt (which only states that he paid for sendin a letter)saying that he wanted his letter back.. i tried to calm him down and explain to him that we can't track down regular mail, and that i couldn't find out where his letter was. i also told him that letters leave the post office the same day they are brought in, so we didn't have anything to do with it getting lost on the way.

he then started freaking, yelled that we never sent his letter and that we probably just threw it away, waved his receipt, yelled that he wanted his money back, and then tried to slap me in the face? this was when my boss decided to interfere, he pulled the guy away and called the cops, who agreed i had done everything i could (i even gave him a phone number so he could make a complaint).

anyway i stayed calm during all of this, but felt pretty shaky afterwards :P

floatingslowly 08.17.2009 12:11 PM

in the states, we call this "going postal". it's usually reserved for the postal workers themselves though.

you can get time in a federal prison here for doing what that man did. well, assuming he actually made contact with yr face. not sure trying counts.

ploesj 08.17.2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

in the states, we call this "going postal". it's usually reserved for the postal workers themselves though.

you can get time in a federal prison here for doing what that man did. well, assuming he actually made contact with yr face. not sure trying counts.

he didn't touch me, so i don't think he's going to be charged. the police guys were very sympathetic though, they saw the guy (very tall and strong-looking) and then me, and spontaneously said 'aw man, why would you want to do anything to her? she did what she could!'

gmku 08.17.2009 12:30 PM

Nobody has said word one about my new avatar. No fans?

floatingslowly 08.17.2009 12:33 PM

I used to think that before the 70's everything was in black and white. and I do mean EVERYTHING.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
'aw man, why would you want to do anything to her? '

yeah, here he would have got "freeze motherf'er....don't you mooooove!"

ploesj 08.17.2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

yeah, here he would have got "freeze motherf'er....don't you mooooove!"

haha!

i guess belgium is a bit more relaxed.

my boss actually sat him down and jus left him tehre for about fifteen minutes until the police arrived. he was just waiting there, because he was so convinced that he was right. funny.

gmku 08.17.2009 12:41 PM

I'm waiting.